AARP Members Enjoy Exclusive Discounts on Travel, Dining and More. Join Today

Recognized Social Butterfly

Re: DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 41 of 92

Everyone enrolled in a part D Medicare drug plan should review their part D plan choices every year.

You can review and change Medicare drug plans during open enrollment which runs October 15 to December 7 each year. Without the fear of being underwritten by an insurance company.

Only 11% of Original Medicare recipients with a stand-alone prescription drug plan, bother to investigate for a different and possibly cheaper part D plan. I’ve seen folks save hundreds of dollars a year by switching part D plans.

It’s easy to do at Medicare.gov. Also in many communities workshops are available during open enrollment to assist you. Call your state’s Seniors Health Insurance Information Program SHIIP office and ask when and where there might a workshop open close to you. The federal government gives grants to SHIIP to help seniors. Take advantage and use their services.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 42 of 92

That was part of my frustration; I've had authorization for at least three years, have been speaking with and dealing with OptumRx the entire time my father became associated with them.  I didn't make myself clear in my comments.  

Info Seeker

Message 43 of 92

That was part of my frustration; I've had authorization for about three years, have been speaking with and dealing with OptumRx the entire time my father became associated with them.  I didn't make myself clear in my comments.  

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 44 of 92

kav0516 wrote:

I have been so frustrated dealing with OptumRx on behalf of my 92 year old father.  I have in the past been able to use their web site to check on his medication; reorder when needed, etc.

Over the last few months, I have not been able to log on to my father's account and when I spoke to an "IT representative" he asked me to change my "sign-on" and password at least ten times and since then, I cannot get on the web site.  Three days ago and again today I've contacted them regarding this issue; both times on the phone for over an hour.  Today I reached my limit and had to hang up after 90 minutes when I was told I had to get my father on the phone.  The reason I do all of this is because he's elderly and is very hard of hearing and wouldn't understand any of this anyway.   I truly am at a loss at this point; I don't have the time or energy to call again.  I do believe that when he sees his physician(s) next, I will ask for written prescriptions and take them to his local pharmacy.  

Does anyone know who to contact at OptumRx besides Customer Service?

Sorry, I cannot help you with any contact info on OptumRX but just wanted to tell that you do need authorization for the disclosure of health info on your father.

Medicare (CMS) Authorization Form

There is probably one for his Medicare insurer or prescription drug insurer if he has something other than Original Medicare.

Info Seeker

Message 45 of 92

I have been so frustrated dealing with OptumRx on behalf of my 92 year old father.  I have in the past been able to use their web site to check on his medication; reorder when needed, etc.

Over the last few months, I have not been able to log on to my father's account and when I spoke to an "IT representative" he asked me to change my "sign-on" and password at least ten times and since then, I cannot get on the web site.  Three days ago and again today I've contacted them regarding this issue; both times on the phone for over an hour.  Today I reached my limit and had to hang up after 90 minutes when I was told I had to get my father on the phone.  The reason I do all of this is because he's elderly and is very hard of hearing and wouldn't understand any of this anyway.   I truly am at a loss at this point; I don't have the time or energy to call again.  I do believe that when he sees his physician(s) next, I will ask for written prescriptions and take them to his local pharmacy.  

Does anyone know who to contact at OptumRx besides Customer Service?

Info Seeker

Message 46 of 92

As of today, still no access to my list of medications, etc., and no estimate of when it will be fixed!

Is anyone at AARP listening to these complaints?

Info Seeker

Re: OptumRX website doesn't work - AARP needs to find a new partner

Message 47 of 92

They couldn't find me using my AARP account id and information.

Link between the two companies is likely broken and no one cared to fix it.

Info Seeker

Issues with optumrx.com after upgrade

Message 48 of 92

A recent "system upgrade" has rendered my lists of scripts inaccurate: in some cases, Rx numbers are old ones, others the quantity is wrong, one disappeared entirely.   Spent an hour with web support on Friday 9/8 and basically, they can see the "data correctly" but what I see doesn't match.  This is what is called an "upgrade."

Luckily, I did happen to print off the list before this happened - so I know the current meds, refill dates and correct Rx.  

But, really don't they test this stuff?

Info Seeker

Message 49 of 92

I lost all medications in the floods in Houston.  I had our doctor call in replacements for the three prescriptions.  OptumRX shipped only one.  When I called to find out what happened they said they would place an order with a local pharmacy so I could get them faster.  After checking with the local pharmacy for several days no order had been placed.  Called OptumRX again and was told that they are no longer supporting storm victums in the Houston area.  Not even a courtesy call or email to tell me this.  Really bad customer service.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 50 of 92
I am in NYS and have not experienced any problems with OptumRX in the several years I have used them. Sorry to hear of your issues .