How Does Your Brain Score? Take the Staying Sharp Brain Health Assessment

Info Seeker

Re: DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 21 of 80 (2,746 Views)

As of today, still no resolution of my problem of not being able to get to my OptumRx prescriptions online.  The problem started with the installation of a new system interface on August 28 so it's now been 5 weeks with no estimate of when it might be fixed.  The person I spoke to today said lots of the people who have been affected by this problem are AARP members with prescription insurance through AARP.  IS ANYONE AT AARP LISTENING????

Info Seeker

Message 22 of 80 (1,906 Views)

I received the notice from NJ Div of Pensions & Benefits that as of January 1, they will be using OptumRx for prescription drug benefits. Does anyone know if the co-pay will change? I read horror stories about OptumRx. I'm not looking forward to the change.

Info Seeker

Message 23 of 80 (2,116 Views)

I've had a lot of problems with the app trying to sign in. The website works better. Other issues are with the training the employees have, dont always get the correct answer but this is with every company.   Sometimes i womder about thier rx computer on auto reorders, come too fast so i turned that off. 

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 24 of 80 (5,811 Views)

psidotti wrote:

GEEZ! All these horror stories!

I received a notice in the mail today that the New Jersey Division of Pensions & Benefits has chosen Optum Rx to manage the prescription program for the State Health Benefits Program Members! Is this Governor Christie's parting shot as he leaves office! Grrrrrrr....   :  (

They also run the CHAMPVA Meds by Mail for the VA - most likely they were the low bidder in the government contract.  Use to be ExpressScripts.

Maybe bad service is their way to save cost ???!!!!!!!

Info Seeker

Message 25 of 80 (5,917 Views)

GEEZ! All these horror stories!

I received a notice in the mail today that the New Jersey Division of Pensions & Benefits has chosen Optum Rx to manage the prescription program for the State Health Benefits Program Members! Is this Governor Christie's parting shot as he leaves office! Grrrrrrr....   :  (

Info Seeker

Message 26 of 80 (6,627 Views)
At least you're able to log on
Info Seeker

Message 27 of 80 (5,903 Views)

They must have used the same company that created the Obamacare website to upgrade their website. If they can't create a stable website, it scares me to think that we trust them with our medications. 

Info Seeker

Message 28 of 80 (6,240 Views)

OPTUMRx is WORST EVER! Hands down the worst customer service and the WORST website. I have literally spent hours and hours on the phone trying to figure out why I can not use their website after setting up my account. Even when IT declares the entire site is down, there is no posted warning and it takes 20 minutes on hold for customer service to even learn that the site is down. This has happened every single time I have tried to place an order/refill.

DO NOT USE OPTUMRx if you have ANY alternative.

Recognized Social Butterfly

Message 29 of 80 (6,469 Views)

Everyone enrolled in a part D Medicare drug plan should review their part D plan choices every year.

You can review and change Medicare drug plans during open enrollment which runs October 15 to December 7 each year. Without the fear of being underwritten by an insurance company.

Only 11% of Original Medicare recipients with a stand-alone prescription drug plan, bother to investigate for a different and possibly cheaper part D plan. I’ve seen folks save hundreds of dollars a year by switching part D plans.

It’s easy to do at Medicare.gov. Also in many communities workshops are available during open enrollment to assist you. Call your state’s Seniors Health Insurance Information Program SHIIP office and ask when and where there might a workshop open close to you. The federal government gives grants to SHIIP to help seniors. Take advantage and use their services.

Info Seeker

Message 30 of 80 (6,371 Views)

That was part of my frustration; I've had authorization for at least three years, have been speaking with and dealing with OptumRx the entire time my father became associated with them.  I didn't make myself clear in my comments.