Congress Agrees on a Tax Bill. What Does Proposed Tax Bill Mean for Older Americans? Learn More.

Conversationalist

Re: DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 11 of 92

I know how you feel I did get my scripts transfered for now hopefully they will figure it out. They use to have a good website at one time.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 12 of 92

OptumRx has been the most ridiculously messed up mail order pharmacy that I have had to deal with in the 20-some years that I've been using one.I've had UHC as a plan manager before and it worked.  Computers are down. Repeatedly.  Reps try to be helpful but they clearly don't have enough training, thus they cannot answer the most basic questions. Question...put me on hold...answer..but that's not what I was asking, I need this..put me on hold.....over and over. All year long.  Is the only recourse to find a supplemental plan that does not use Optum?  It has been so difficult or complicated or annoying or broken that I often have to go to a local pharmacy.  Which costs more. I'm teetering on the edge of the donut hole because Optum is so inept.  AARP, is this how you represent your members all the time?  Really a disappointment.

Info Seeker

Re: Problems with Optumrx website for two weeks

Message 13 of 92
The web site is back up or it was yesterday . UHC owns optumrx and sometimes their IS or IT is a little slow on helping the satellite companies resolve these issues. They don't understand patient care because they don’t work in a clinical environment. I say this because i used to work for them in Las Vegas. We had our own IS techs but sometimes the problem wasn’t local. South West Medical here in Las Vegas.
Info Seeker

Re: Problems with Optumrx website for two weeks

Message 14 of 92

I had a similar issue, but the website was ostensibly 'up'.  Tried to refill an order and got as far as the cart and then "blah blah can't fill, please call ...."  So I finally did.  Agent said the systems were "down" and apologized.  Agent was very helpful, we got it filled and I asked him to escalate the 'systems down' problem to management.  I worked for a major computer company for 32 years designing mission critical and mission important systems.  Optum Rx is here in Phoenix and I can't tell you how many BLOCKS of buildings that the call center takes up!  They have PLENTY of money to invest in redundant systems and website failover, so there is NO EXCUSE in 2017 for customer prescription systems to be "down" - EVER!  Let them know that next time their Worst Known Methods kick in .... 

Conversationalist

Message 15 of 92

Exactly my page does not work it just says error. I have been using this website for years and now it does not work

Gold Conversationalist

Message 16 of 92

Don't know why your having problems getting prices for medication. On the right side of the page after you sign in, you will see ( DRUG SEARCH) The very next page will show this>>>>>>>>>>>

Conversationalist

Message 17 of 92

The Site is still not working can not get costs says that error occured.

Gold Conversationalist

Message 18 of 92

I myself have had a few problems. I ALWAYS check the cash price at good rx . com first on generics. Forget it if you want brand. There are a few drugs out there that are ridiculously high. One for example is amitriptyline. Mail order want around 275 for 3 months. Walmart has at 10 bucks for a 30 day supply. Well you do the math. No matter how cheap mail order says , you got to check.

Info Seeker

Message 19 of 92

Every month, its the same thing with OptumRx. Orders take longer, nobody knows what's going on, they lie about my order status. If I call 5 times asking about my order status, I get 5 different answers, but still no order. I pay for overnight shipping. When they finally get around to shipping my order, I get an email saying by order shipped. But in reality, they didn't complete my order until after UPS picked up orders for the day. So  my order sits in their facility all weekend. This happens time after time after time. If you don't have to use them, do yourself a favor: DONT. You will only be frustrated. And you still won't have your meds.

Conversationalist

Message 20 of 92

I too have had the same issues for almost a month and the service rep said I am the only person having this issue. LOL

I am calling today and have my scripts transfered