AARP's Response to Trump Administration’s Decision to Discontinue Paying Federal Cost-Sharing Reductions. Read Here

Info Seeker

Re: DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 1 of 78 (125 Views)

Exactly my page does not work it just  says error. I have been using this websikte for years and now it does not work

Silver Conversationalist

Message 2 of 78 (143 Views)

Don't know why your having problems getting prices for medication. On the right side of the page after you sign in, you will see ( DRUG SEARCH) The very next page will show this>>>>>>>>>>>

Info Seeker

[ Edited ]
Message 3 of 78 (245 Views)

The Site is still not working can not get costs says that error occured.

Silver Conversationalist

Message 4 of 78 (295 Views)

I myself have had a few problems. I ALWAYS check the cash price at good rx . com first on generics. Forget it if you want brand. There are a few drugs out there that are ridiculously high. One for example is amitriptyline. Mail order want around 275 for 3 months. Walmart has at 10 bucks for a 30 day supply. Well you do the math. No matter how cheap mail order says , you got to check.

Info Seeker

Message 5 of 78 (594 Views)

Every month, its the same thing with OptumRx. Orders take longer, nobody knows what's going on, they lie about my order status. If I call 5 times asking about my order status, I get 5 different answers, but still no order. I pay for overnight shipping. When they finally get around to shipping my order, I get an email saying by order shipped. But in reality, they didn't complete my order until after UPS picked up orders for the day. So  my order sits in their facility all weekend. This happens time after time after time. If you don't have to use them, do yourself a favor: DONT. You will only be frustrated. And you still won't have your meds.

Info Seeker

Message 6 of 78 (800 Views)

I too have had the same issues for almost a month and the service rep said I am the only person having this issue. LOL

I am calling today and have my scripts transfered

Gold Conversationalist

Message 7 of 78 (853 Views)

It is a pain to not be able to get on website.  I was able to on today.  Scripts are taking longer, could be California fires are part of the delays.  But there is not excuse when they let you run out of your script!  It is really difficult when you have to sign for the script, which means you have to be available and know when it is coming.  Hope things get better for everyone.

Info Seeker

Message 8 of 78 (884 Views)

I am getting the same message. The frustrating part is that I spent a few hours over the last few days trying to register and then I was told I was registered. I called to get the medication filled but it was not clear that I was understood and I could not check and I had to call back and go through the full menu agian. I suggested that the home page clearly tell memebers that there is an issue and to try back. This issue started last week on the 4th. This is too long for a service to be down. If this goes on much longer I will move back to a local pharmacy.

Info Seeker

Re: Problems with Optumrx website for two weeks

Message 9 of 78 (1,835 Views)

I am also having issues with the Optum rx site I have called over and over and they have no clue. It keeps telling me to register with Health ID, I try to and it says I am already registered. What happened to the old site? I can not even get pricing like we use to be able to... 

Someone Help

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 10 of 78 (2,806 Views)

I have also had problems with Optum Rx. It is the part D provider with my CALPERS retirement benefit. I called to find out when my prescription refills would be arriving in the mail and discovered that they were scheduled to arrive after my medications had run out. This was despite a phone call to them to set this up about a month ago. 

One of my prescriptions was not in stock and I was asked to wait to talk to someone in their inventory department. After 20 minutes I was told that I could not be connected, but was given another number to call later. That number got me to the same department I spoke with earlier, and another period of waiting ensued.

I finally got a service representative who told me I could try going to a local pharmacy for the medication. She said that Optum would send the script to them. We'll see...

I would not recommend Optum based on this experience, and I have voiced my complaint to CALPERS as well.