Attend AARP's Job Search in the Digital Age Online Workshop, Thursday at 7 p.m. ET. Register Now

Info Seeker

Re: Problems with Optumrx website for two weeks

Message 11 of 80 (2,125 Views)

I am also having issues with the Optum rx site I have called over and over and they have no clue. It keeps telling me to register with Health ID, I try to and it says I am already registered. What happened to the old site? I can not even get pricing like we use to be able to... 

Someone Help

Info Seeker

Re: DO NOT USE OPTUMRx to fill or refill you prescriptions

Message 12 of 80 (3,018 Views)

I have also had problems with Optum Rx. It is the part D provider with my CALPERS retirement benefit. I called to find out when my prescription refills would be arriving in the mail and discovered that they were scheduled to arrive after my medications had run out. This was despite a phone call to them to set this up about a month ago. 

One of my prescriptions was not in stock and I was asked to wait to talk to someone in their inventory department. After 20 minutes I was told that I could not be connected, but was given another number to call later. That number got me to the same department I spoke with earlier, and another period of waiting ensued.

I finally got a service representative who told me I could try going to a local pharmacy for the medication. She said that Optum would send the script to them. We'll see...

I would not recommend Optum based on this experience, and I have voiced my complaint to CALPERS as well. 

Gold Conversationalist

Message 13 of 80 (2,978 Views)
Just received an email that I was registered (been registered for years). Went to the website to sign in and got another ERROR message! They are really affecting patients! Calling them is a pain...the automated system takes forever. My preference is to order on line!
Info Seeker

Message 14 of 80 (3,033 Views)
Optum RX/UHC IT department has always been a problem Used to work for them in Las. Vegas after they bought South West Medical. Out IS department always had issues with Corporate IS because they didn't understand that we worked in a Climic Inviroment with real patients amd if our computers where down it affected patient care. They never understood that.
Info Seeker

Message 15 of 80 (2,953 Views)
Had to call yesterday was told website was down and working on it 😀
Gold Conversationalist

Problems with Optumrx website for two weeks

Message 16 of 80 (2,919 Views)

Cannot login!  Tried another time and got someone else's account and would not let me log out.  Got through the stupid automatated voice and finally got a sales rep...she gave me a number to call for webhelp-888 574-7381.  I called it and it immediately asks for extention number and hangs up!  Not much help.  This is rediculous!  Two weeks now and can't log in to my account!  So does that mean it has been hacked and now all my info is in the hands some idiot????

Super Social Butterfly

Message 17 of 80 (3,537 Views)
I only do business on the phone with Optimum because I'm more comfortable with that than the computer. I call, order, and my order arrives very fast. Good Luck!
Super Social Butterfly

Message 18 of 80 (3,367 Views)
I live In NYS and have no problem with OptumRX. I've noticed that a lot of Floridians are displeased. Perhaps it a regional problem.
Info Seeker

Message 19 of 80 (3,428 Views)

Wow, I'm surprised by all these comments about how bad OptumRx is.  I'm sorry some of you are having those problems.  Since signing up with OptumRx, I am very pleased and have had no problems. Having this type of mail order delivery has been a plus for me so I don't have to drive over an hour to a drugstore to get my prescriptions filled. 

Highlighted
Info Seeker

Message 20 of 80 (3,588 Views)

It is unfortunatel to see so many problems with OptumRx extending back for many years. I also have had a terrible experience with them. At one point I went without meds for 5 weeks and in spite of multiple calls to them which assured me that everything was fine. I ended up pay retail price for my meds at a local Walgreens ($600) and was refused reimbursement by them until I complained to a state agency. In addition they substituted generics, which I did not approve, and which were ineffective. I have wondered how such an incompetent company can stay in business and hopefully they won't for long.

I think that AARP deserves some blame for this as well, since they still promote the companies involved with this.