You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Use code '2019' to save 25 percent now.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Changing Medigap Insurance?

Message 1 of 4

you can go to a medicare supplement company with any company out there, but you will ahve to answer health questions.  Each company's questions are different.  we still may be able to find you a lower rate

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

In general, the best time to enroll in or make changes to your Medicare Supplement insurance coverage is during your Medigap Open Enrollment Period, the six-month period that starts when you’re 65 or older and have Medicare Part B. That’s because during this time, you can join any Medicare Supplement insurance plan offered in your service area with guaranteed issue, meaning the Medigap insurance company can’t turn you down for coverage or charge you higher premiums because of pre-existing conditions*. If you join a Medigap plan during this six-month window and decide you don’t like it, you can switch to a different Medigap plan during this period with guaranteed-issue rights. apkjunky

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

As a Medicare Agent/broker.  in order to move from one carrier to another you would have to go thru underwriting.  I would be happy to see if we can help you move.  But yes you do have to go thru underwriting, unless you are still in your personal Open Enrollment Period. It also maydepend on what state you live in as well.  Let me know if you would like to discuss this.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Changing Medigap Insurance?

Message 4 of 4

I been on the AARP UHC Supplemental plan F for the last 3 years.

Can I change to another Supplemental plan F other than AARP UHC?

Can this be done without underwriting or other hassles?

Kudos
Views
Replies