Get a newer and safer vehicle while saving money! Check out the AARP auto buying program.

Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Changes Coming To Medicare?

Message 11 of 41

@ro46775798 wrote:
Disabled Vets not yet eligible for Medicare DEPEND on Tri-Care. It provides quality healthcare coverage at civilian facilities up to the deadline for signing up for Medicare at age 70. Respectfully,

RO
USMC-Ret.

Respecfully - Actually, that is not quite right - Disabled Veterans who are eligible based on their service depend on the VA health system.  Some may never even use Medicare at all -

Tri-care is for active military and retirees from the mmilitary - It works with Medicare when you turn 65. TRICARE is a health benefit program for all seven uniformed services: the Army, Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force, Coast Guard, Public Health Service, and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. To use TRICARE, you must be listed in DEERS as being eligible for military health care benefits.

A Disabled Veteran is not always eligible for TriCare because many of them may have just served during a speciifc conflict or wartime - they did not stay in the military for an extended length of time.

Tricare and the VA Health Care System are two completely different government programs for different classifications of people -

MY SIGNATURE: "It’s Always something" - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 41

I wasn't talking about those who are in the military.  I was talking about the rest of us.  Medicare has worked for seniors since 1966 I believe and it will continue to work if it is fixed instead of robbed.  As it stands any kind of medical care is going to be decreased with this supposed tax reform bill.  but they haven't told you what personal projects in their own states that they've included in it.  These politicians never tell you the truth.  We're in deep, deep trouble if it goes through.  Single seniors especially, the so-called doubling instead costs me $700 so I'm in the red zone already.  Raise the tax rate from $0 to 12% also puts me in the position of paying more.  The wealthy are just going to turn around and deposit their windfalls into their offshore accounts or into automation costing millions and millions of jobs in this country.  We can't allow the current administration to make this country a welfare country.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 41
In the meantime, Ryan et al enjoy premium lifetime healthcare at taxpayers' expense...
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 41
Disabled Vets not yet eligible for Medicare DEPEND on Tri-Care. It provides quality healthcare coverage at civilian facilities up to the deadline for signing up for Medicare at age 70. Respectfully,

RO
USMC-Ret.
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 41

@MaVolta wrote:

@ReTiReD51 wrote:

“Our policy would begin in fiscal year 2020. It would combine Medicare Parts A and B and would have a unified deductible. For example, rather than require the $1,288 deductible for a hospital stay and a separate $166 deductible for a physician visit, the beneficiary would be charged a combined deductible.”

Also, according Ryan, all Medicare Supplemental policies will be required to have a deductible. This is because Ryan says us older folks are going to the doctor too often, and when it's not really necessary. The deductibles will ensure that we go only if we absolutely must, or if we can afford it. 

If deductibles are combined as the Paul Ryan/GOP plan requires, in 2018 dollars that would mean a Medicare recipient would have to pay the first $1523 before Medicare starts paying.

Part B deductible plus part A deductible … $183 + $1340 = $1523

For seniors on fixed incomes that’s a lot of money. And for seniors who only visit the doctor a couple of times a year, Medicare will never have to pay out anything it’ll all come out of a seniors own pocket.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 41

You have got to be kidding! Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity are the leading purveyors of fake news. 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 41

I'm a SINGLE senior earning approimately $32,000.  Any money I pull out of my 401K/IRA will be taxable immediately at a higher bracket than they normally would be.  I LOSE BIG TIME>.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 41

Please look and see what percent of people that itemize per income. Those making a lot do not need to get get tax breaks on interest, or charity. I call those the wealthy. I estimate the new possible tax changes could save me 2,000 a year. Of course I only make 90,000.

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 41

TriCare is nothing special from what I've heard.  Medicare was established in the 1960s.  It has worked and will continue to work.  It doesn't take a whole lot to fix the system.  They just want an excuse to rob the 99% blind.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 41
We have a better excuse!!! They have none!
Kudos
Views