Get on the Road Without Breaking the Bank – Tips on AARP Live at 10 p.m. ET. Watch Here 

Valued Social Butterfly

Re: Beware United Healthcare Billing

Message 1 of 13 (129 Views)

GailL1 wrote:

john258 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

john258 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

john258 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

casuallyspeaking wrote:

United Health Care billed me from a Symphonic plan I did not enroll in either.  Now they say I owe them $145 for the months before I finally realized they were billing me!  What can I do to report this and who to report it to?

What is a "Symphonic plan"?

You gave her advice and you did not even know the full extent of the problem. How could you give good advice when you do not know what you are advising about. Now if you had sent her to a local expert or to AARP good advice would have been given as they would have known the full problem. Why would you want to give bad advice to a person which could hurt them?

I GAVE NO ADVICE - Where do you read any advice?

You better reread your posts. Fact is you are giving the poster advice in your last post telling them what to do. Why cant you just send them to a local expert who will really help them. By doing that you would be providing a service to them, not an obstacle to having their problem resolved.

I am an Expert !!!

No Gail you are not an expert. If you were you would not give advice to anyone outside your own area where you live and are licensed to give it. Even then an expert would want to meet with the person to get all of the persons problem which includes outside sources what are present on the Indv. You see I am one of those people and no one can give me good advice on this subject without knowing how the outside medicare rules apply to me. Dennis did that and if I had followed his advice it would have cost me over $1,000 per year. I know there are about 20,000 like me across the US who are under the same outside rule.  What you do very well is find articles that cover one small part of a problem then point to that as a back up for what you say. That is not good advice, but bad advice. You need to understand the full problem to be an expert on it.

I gave this person accurate information based on their post and my assumption which I outlined in the 1st sentence of my reply.  There is no regional or local answer or guidance to this stated problem which is just trying to get their money back paid by mistake.

If all you can tell somebody is to see a local expert - then tell them that and I will answer them with my reply.  Contact the AARP Community Forum moderators if you have a problem with that scenario.

No you gave them bad information as you did not have the full problem, and did not even understand what they told you by your own post. What you tell them can hurt them badly, what I tell them will help them. That is the difference between you and I. I have a big problem with you  giving advice to people when you can hurt them, and the AARP people should to. I will keep calling you out when you hurt people with advice which is against every state law.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 2 of 13 (153 Views)

john258 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

john258 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

john258 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

casuallyspeaking wrote:

United Health Care billed me from a Symphonic plan I did not enroll in either.  Now they say I owe them $145 for the months before I finally realized they were billing me!  What can I do to report this and who to report it to?

You gave her advice and you did not even know the full extent of the problem. How could you give good advice when you do not know what you are advising about. Now if you had sent her to a local expert or to AARP good advice would have been given as they would have known the full problem. Why would you want to give bad advice to a person which could hurt them?

You better reread your posts. Fact is you are giving the poster advice in your last post telling them what to do. Why cant you just send them to a local expert who will really help them. By doing that you would be providing a service to them, not an obstacle to having their problem resolved.

I am an Expert !!!

No Gail you are not an expert. If you were you would not give advice to anyone outside your own area where you live and are licensed to give it. Even then an expert would want to meet with the person to get all of the persons problem which includes outside sources what are present on the Indv. You see I am one of those people and no one can give me good advice on this subject without knowing how the outside medicare rules apply to me. Dennis did that and if I had followed his advice it would have cost me over $1,000 per year. I know there are about 20,000 like me across the US who are under the same outside rule.  What you do very well is find articles that cover one small part of a problem then point to that as a back up for what you say. That is not good advice, but bad advice. You need to understand the full problem to be an expert on it.

I gave this person accurate information based on their post and my assumption which I outlined in the 1st sentence of my reply.  There is no regional or local answer or guidance to this stated problem which is just trying to get their money back paid by mistake.

If all you can tell somebody is to see a local expert - then tell them that and I will answer them with my reply.  Contact the AARP Community Forum moderators if you have a problem with that scenario.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 3 of 13 (168 Views)

john258 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

john258 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

casuallyspeaking wrote:

I am an Expert !!!

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 4 of 13 (176 Views)

GailL1 wrote:

john258 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

casuallyspeaking wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 5 of 13 (197 Views)

casuallyspeaking wrote:

I am gonna assume that you now have the correct freestanding Medicare Part D plan which you signed up for and now this is just a money issue in trying to get back your premium cost.

You need to get all your documentation of the event in order and submit your complaint to UHC and possibly Medicare too.

Medicare.gov - Complaints about your health or drug plan

Documents which you will need to get back these premiums:

1.  Proof of what plan you actually signed up for 

2.  Proof that your premiums were paid for the plan you actually signed up for

3.  Proof that your prescriptions, if any, were processed through the plan which you signed up for - if the prescriptions were processed under the wrong plan then all of this has to be corrected by the insurer too.

4.  Proof as to how these erroneous premiums were paid and why you did not notice them readily allowing for a more timely correction.  If these premiums were paid via an automatic draft of your bank account there was recourse during a timed period and you should have proof of your authorization for this purpose and the specific payee.

Limited Stop-Payment Privileges
When you use an electronic fund transfer, the EFT Act does not give you the right to stop payment. If your purchase is defective or your order isn't delivered, it's as if you paid cash: It's up to you to resolve the problem with the seller and get your money back.

One exception: If you arranged for recurring payments out of your account to third parties, like insurance companies or utilities, you can stop payment if you notify your institution at least three business days before the scheduled transfer. The notice may be written or oral, but the institution may require a written follow-up within 14 days of your oral notice. If you don’t follow-up in writing, the institution's responsibility to stop payment ends.

Although federal law provides limited rights to stop payment, financial institutions may offer more rights or state laws may require them. If this feature is important to you, shop around to be sure you're getting the best "stop-payment" terms available.

Consumer issues do crop up from time to time and they are always easier to handle sooner rather than later.

Good luck in your quest to get this matter fully resolved.

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 6 of 13 (202 Views)

retiredtraveler wrote:

"...What is a "Symphonic plan"?...".

There is an AARP Symphonix plan for part D. I would assume it's that.

Thanks, got it - found it - sounds like a consumer (financial) issue.

Trusted Social Butterfly

Message 7 of 13 (218 Views)

"...What is a "Symphonic plan"?...".

There is an AARP Symphonix plan for part D. I would assume it's that.

Just think. The world was built by the lowest bidder.
Valued Social Butterfly

Message 8 of 13 (253 Views)

john258 wrote:

GailL1 wrote:

casuallyspeaking wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 9 of 13 (257 Views)

GailL1 wrote:

casuallyspeaking wrote:

Valued Social Butterfly

Message 10 of 13 (200 Views)

casuallyspeaking wrote: