Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone know how I can get life insurance for my 84 year old mom? Found out mom is under insured

Message 1 of 6

I'm also interested. Did you find any?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Anyone know how I can get life insurance for my 84 year old mom? Found out mom is under insured

Message 2 of 6

Debra,  What did you end up with.  I have a similar situation.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6
Hi Jeff, I am interested in life insurance for my mother. Who should I contact.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6
Look at the Lincoln Life insurance company.also mutual of Omaha life insurance and physicians mutual Life insurance companys also Harford insurance companys , Colonial life insurance
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

Hello,

I am an agent with New York Life, and I am Authorized to Offer AARP co-branded insurance products. That being said this is not intended to be a solicitation in any manner. I am simply providing yousome information. Throught the AARP Life Insurance program we offer permanent life insurance products up to age 84 and a term to age 74. So if she truly does need more life insurance one possible solution could be a standard New York Life Universal Life insurance product. It can be issued to age 90, but it requires regular underwriting. I did not see your location, but if you would like I can help you get in touch with a local New York Life agent who can assist you.

Jeff

Jeff Allison
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Anyone know how I can get life insurance for my 84 year old mom? Found out mom is under insured

Message 6 of 6

Hi Everyone,

My name is Debra.  Does anyone know how or where I can get Burial or Life Insurance for my 84 year old mom?  My mom lives in the Bronx and my husband and myself live in New Jersey.  

I just found out after going through my mom's paperwork that she is under-insured.  My mom, Tootie, while she is in pretty good health, she is starting to lose weight and get a little forgetful.  Overall, she takes care of her own bills, does her own shopping, etc., with a little assistance from my husband, Rick and myself on our bi-weekly visits.  She is at the point where I would like to get a little assistance for her by a home health aide (which she is very resistant to.  Another story...Smiley Happy  She has great neighbors who look out for her.  

However, after a little prodding and persistence on my part, I asked to see her Life insurance policies to make sure she is appropriately insured to be prepared for when she passes away.  Mom has always been good about this stuff (or so I thought), but now she needs a little help.  I reviewed her Insurance documents this past weekend and discovered that she doesn't have enough Life Insurance to cover a funeral and burial which is very disturbing.  Or perhaps has Life insurance from more than one source and might have lost track of the other insurance agency.  I'm not sure.  Also, her Insurance documents are dated.  

I will be calling the Insurance Agency listed to check on her coverage.   Sorry for the long story, but any advice anyone could provide would be helpful.  Thanks so much!  

Debra

Kudos
Views
Replies