Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

๐Ÿฉบ Any Medicare TIPS To Share? Are YOU Signing Up THIS YEAR?

Anonymous
Not applicable

๐Ÿฉบ Any Medicare TIPS To Share? Are YOU Signing Up THIS YEAR?

โ–ถ๏ธTo reply, click on reply button at bottom of this post. Enter your text. Click reply button again.โ—€๏ธ

*READ comments, ADD a comment*

(1) โ˜น๏ธ What has made it DIFFICULT to use?

(2) ๐Ÿ™ƒ What has made it EASY to use?

(3) ๐Ÿค” Are U "signing" up THIS YEAR?

Nicole ๐Ÿฉบ (Medicare Forum)

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous wrote:

Tuesday 6/13/23.

(1) Just got back from my local LOA/office of aging. All signed up for MEDICARE! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

Now to find MEDICARE medical staff as my OLD ones do not ACCEPT Medicare. ๐Ÿ˜ญ

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

If you are choosing Traditional Medicare as the way you are going to get your benefits, you can locate providers on this Medicare site - each provider has info about themselves and if they take Medicare assignment.

Medicare.gov - Find and Compare Providers Near You

ALWAYS double check with the provider cause things do change.

Now if you are selecting a Medicare Advantage plan as your method of receiving your care, the insurer should have a provider directory for those providers that are in-network on the specific plan which you select.

Again, always double check.

Some people pick their Medicare plan choice by the provider that they want access to within their plan - Thatโ€™s fine but just remember to check to make sure the provider still accepts the plan from year to year, especially on a Medicare Advantage plan.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuesday 6/13/23.

(1) Just got back from my local LOA/office of aging. All signed up for MEDICARE! ๐Ÿ’ƒ๐Ÿฅณ

I have been receiving Retirement Social Security since July 2020.

I turn 65 THIS September.

(2) Anyone signed up for MEDICARE? ๐Ÿค”

(3) OR will be signing up THIS YEAR like I am? ๐Ÿค”

I would luv to hear about YOUR Medicare JOURNEY!

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous wrote:

Tuesday 6/13/23.

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

If you are choosing Traditional Medicare as the way you are going to get your benefits, you can locate providers on this Medicare site - each provider has info about themselves and if they take Medicare assignment.

Medicare.gov - Find and Compare Providers Near You

ALWAYS double check with the provider cause things do change.

Now if you are selecting a Medicare Advantage plan as your method of receiving your care, the insurer should have a provider directory for those providers that are in-network on the specific plan which you select.

Again, always double check.

Some people pick their Medicare plan choice by the provider that they want access to within their plan - Thatโ€™s fine but just remember to check to make sure the provider still accepts the plan from year to year, especially on a Medicare Advantage plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 comments (4/21/23)

Received my CONFIRMATION EMAIL from Medicare Website.

โžก๏ธWelcome! Thanks for signing up for Medicare emails.โฌ…๏ธ

Had signed up YESTERDAY when I received the Medicare email from my Retirement Social Security Online Account.

Things are beginning to fall in place....

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Donโ€™t forget to assign somebody as your health representative on your Medicare account so if the need ever arises when you canโ€™t communicate to Medicare, they can do it for you 

On another note - on your SSA account you can also assign somebody to be your representative payee if the need ever arises - cause if it does happen, if nobody steps up with all the paperwork, SSA could appoint one for you - most likely an institution.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/21/23)

Thanks @GailL1 , my daughter is for my Retirement Social Security. Will do same for Medicare. Lol, my "only" child and on ALL my stuff from bank to will and so on.

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

You are not alone. I have one daughter too and she is my emergency contact and by my will she takes care of everything if something should happen to me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

4 comments (4/20/23)

I just received my 1st EMAIL from MY ONLINE Social Security Account (receiving Retirement Social Security).

So, stuff begins 5 MONTHS before we turn 65 (which I do this September).

โžก๏ธTHE EMAIL:

What You Should Know about Your Medicare Coverage Now.

NICOLE,

Your Medicare coverage will start soon. Keep an eye out for your "Get Ready for Medicare" package in the mail, which includes your red, white, and blue Medicare card. 

You'll automatically get Medicare when you turn 65. You still need to make decisions now about how you want to get your Medicare coverage. Medicare offers two main ways to get your coverage: Original Medicare or Medicare Advantage.โฌ…๏ธ

Lol, MORE stuff to read...... But so EXCITED to get this info BEFORE my planned EARLY sign-up (3 months early) at my local Office Of Aging this June.

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Your reply said, "You'll automatically get Medicare when you turn 65. You still need to make decisions now about how you want to get your Medicare coverage. Medicare offers two main ways to get your coverage: Original Medicare or Medicare Advantage.".

Now you should start receiving information from several insurance companies that offer additional coverage. At the time I was about to be covered by Medicare I was still on my Citys insurance (Retirees Plan). I am a retired firefighter. The insurance was known at that time as Scott and White. I received a letter from Scott and White about their Medicare Advantage plan and when and where meetings would be held to learn more. I attended a meeting and received information about the cost. It turned out I could get their Medicare Advantage plan and the plan I wanted plus the Medicare part would be less than what I was currently paying under my city plan. I have been with Baylor Scott and White now for nine years. 

My total cost for Medicare and my advantage plan have gone down a small amount in each of the last two years.

Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

If you are already receiving your Social Security Retirement, which I thought you said you were *early benefitโ€ , then you shouldnโ€™t have to do anything - you will be signed up automatically and you should get your booklet of โ€œMedicare and You 2023โ€ and your Red white and Blue Medicare card indicating the effective date of your Part A & B coverage. (Normally 1st of your birthday month).

Then you decide how you want to get your Medicare benefit - Traditional, with a Part D plan choice, with or without a MediGAP or the all inclusive MAPD .

You will notice that your Part B premiums will be coming out of your SS Retirement check unless you qualify for one of the Medicare Savings Programs which pay some of the premium cost for low income and asset individuals.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/20/23)

Hi @GailL1 , I am NOT waiting for them to "auto" enroll me, I want "control and have questions" = which I will DISCUSS with my Local Office of Aging THIS June.

Lol, been reading about the NIGHTMARES (on this AARP site) and want to "avoid" them as much as possible. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

โžก๏ธ@GailL1 wrote:

@Anonymous 

If you are already receiving your Social Security Retirement, which I thought you said you were *early benefitโ€ , then you shouldnโ€™t have to do anything - you will be signed up automatically and you should get your booklet of โ€œMedicare and You 2023โ€ and your Red white and Blue Medicare card indicating the effective date of your Part A & B coverage. (Normally 1st of your birthday month).

Then you decide how you want to get your Medicare benefit - Traditional, with a Part D plan choice, with or without a MediGAP or the all inclusive MAPD .

You will notice that your Part B premiums will be coming out of your SS Retirement check unless you qualify for one of the Medicare Savings Programs which pay some of the premium cost for low income and asset individuals.โฌ…๏ธ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

Do you have your copy of the 2023 Medicare and You booklet?

If you donโ€™t, you can go to this link and download it in any format that you want or order it from Medicare.

Medicare.gov - Getting 2023 Medicare and You Handbook - any format.

Pretty easy to read and gives you all the basics of the program from signing up to picking your plan(s) to what is covered and under which Part.  How to find and pick doctors if you need to know if they accept the Trad. Program by assignment or if they might do balanced billing. 

Handy booklet.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/19/23)

How are you handling your dental and eye care? ๐Ÿค”

This August will be my LAST month at the clinic I have been going to here in Roanoke, Virginia. AWESOME staff since 2018. They DO NOT accept MEDICARE! ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I like my 6-month Cleaning and "replacement" glasses as needed.

Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

What insurance do they accept now from you ?

If Medicaid, you may still get that depending on your income.

See if you qualify for one of the Medicare Savings Programs - if so, Medicaid comes with some of them.

IOW, you would have Medicare supplemented by Medicaid benefits - any aux. benefits would be defined by your state like dental, vision, hearing 

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/17/23)

I turn 65 this September, when will they (whomever?) MAIL me Medicare stuff?

Lol, I have heard my mailbox will soon be FULL...

I plan on stopping by my local office of aging to sign up EARLY in June.

I am receiving Retirement Social Security.

Thanks, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

@Anonymous 

I provided a link to Medicare in my first reply. If a person uses the link, they will find other links that may help them. Here is a good one to start with and download the publication, Medicare and You 2023.

Search Publications | Medicare

Anonymous
Not applicable

5 comments (4/12/23)

I will be signing up this year and NOT looking forward to THE STRESS involved.

Lol, I have been reading up about it and already crying....๐Ÿ˜ญ 

(I live in Virginia, drawing Retirement Social Security, need to move to Florida to be near to my "only" child).

Thank you, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

Regular Contributor

This is a good place to get different perspectives on the subject of medicare.  I researched for many months before deciding which route to go.  You can talk to just about any insurance agent and they can help you.  I discussed the subject with several and ended up signing with an agent with my bank.  He was the only one that explained why to choose medicare over an advantage plan.  I have regular medicare along with a prescription and medigap policy.  I have never had any problems with the 

@Anonymous wrote:

I will be signing up this year and NOT 

Lol, I have been reading up about it and already crying....๐Ÿ˜ญ

(I live in Virginia, drawing Retirement Social Security, need to move to Florida to be near to my "only" child).

Thank you, Nicole ๐Ÿ™‚

Regular Contributor

I have not had any problems using their benefits.  Last year I had a lot of health problems.  I had minimal bills to pay because medicare and medigap paid the largest portion.  The biggest advice I can give you is do not get a Medicare advantage plan.  

I๐Ÿ˜ญโ€Œlโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œโ€Œlโ€Œโ€Œllโ€Œโ€Œ

Screenshot_20221204-163359-479.png

Social Butterfly

Have you visited the Medicare web site?

Welcome to Medicare | Medicare

If you think you would want a Medicare Advantage Plan, then you need to check out what is available in your area.

Anonymous
Not applicable

1 comment (4/12/23)

Hi @cat0w :

YES, I did ALL the REQUIRED reading.

This TOPIC is asking for FEEDBACK from members:

(1) Who are on Medicare.

(2) Those like myself, who will be on it this year.

A DISCUSSION amongst us about our PERSONAL experiences with Medicare.

Thank you, Nicole ๐Ÿ™ƒ

โžก๏ธ@cat0w wrote:

Have you visited the Medicare web site?

Welcome to Medicare | Medicare

If you think you would want a Medicare Advantage Plan, then you need to check out what is available in your area.โฌ…๏ธ

0 Kudos
Social Butterfly

Medicare, what is it? It's another type of insurance but for us old people.

What's Medicare? | Medicare

I started drawing Social Security at age 62 and as I recall when I reached 65 my Medicare card was sent to me, and I started using it. I also signed up for a Medicare Advantage Plan through Baylor Scott and White. You will get what you pay for! 

I take advantage of everything that is available each year, annual checkup, two dental exams and cleaning and eye exam. For my plan I don't pay anything. Anything extra that I ask for may cost.

I do make copays for my prescriptions, but they are very reasonable.

I live in Central Texas. Check out what is available for your area.

cancel
Showing results forย 
Showย ย onlyย  | Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipedeยฎ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP