Getty Images and AARP present the Disrupt Aging Collection, a searchable photo collection that redefines what it means to get older. Take a look.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP and health insurance for members under age 65????

Message 31 of 33

That's what I was hoping to find: affordable health insurance for those of us who are not Medicare eligible. I saw something on AARP website that said AARP did have affordable health insurance but can't find anything. Why isn't there something? With AARP's huge membership, you'd think we could get some type of group discount.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP and health insurance for members under age 65????

Message 32 of 33

@BrighterShade wrote:

Am I missing something or does AARP truly have few health insurance options for members who are too young for Medicare?

All I can find is Delta Dental and Rx discounts through UnitedHealthcare's Optum . . .

BrighterShade,  are you under Medicare because of a disability? 

OR Are you just looking for an individual health insurance policy?

AARP only partners with United Health Care on their Medicare policies - either as a Medicare Advantage plan or as a Medicare supplemental policy (Medigap).  If you aren't on Medicare, there isn't any help here.

* * * * It's Always Something . . . Roseanne Roseannadanna
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP and health insurance for members under age 65????

Message 33 of 33

Am I missing something or does AARP truly have few health insurance options for members who are too young for Medicare?

All I can find is Delta Dental and Rx discounts through UnitedHealthcare's Optum . . .

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Are you new to the online community? Say Hi and tell us a bit about yourself, your interests, and how we can help make this community a great experience for you!

close-up group of seniors smiling at camera

Top Authors