Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP United Healthcare and Lifetime Gym?

Periodic Contributor

AARP United Healthcare and Lifetime Gym?

Does anyone know if we can get our membership to Lifetime gyms paid for by United Healthcare through some sort of alliiance with AARP? A guy at the gym says United Healthcare pays his membership. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

You are looking for Silver Sneaker you can see if your insurance is eligible by checking on the silver sneaker webpage. Not all insurance covers it. I have medigap through Humana and it's covered. Home | SilverSneakers  On the bright side if your insurance doesn't cover it you can change plans now is the time of year. But if you change make sure you call the plan you want to make sure they cover it. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I guess you have to be 65 to be eligible. So I'm not eligible. But thank you. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Oh, ok, thank you so much. I'll check it out. Thanks!

Regular Contributor

George it's not your age that needs to be eligible it's your insurance. If your plan covers it you are eligible. If it does not you may want to check out some other insurance companies. No you are not eligible for Medicap but this is not the only insurance that does the silver sneaker. 

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

Arleen, I found this on the United Healthcare website. Looks like they did away with Silver Sneaker in 2019 and replaced it with something else and it's all about Medicare. FYI:

https://www.helpadvisor.com/medicare/unitedhealthcare-silver-sneakers

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

I guess i need to check again. When I went to Silver Sneaker, I completed the eligibility questions and they couldn't find me. Maybe it's our plan with United Healthcare. Thanks again, appreciate it. 

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

Actually I looked up the renew active and they cover MORE gyms including boxing 🙂 than the silver sneaker does. here is the link to locate a gym in your area...definitely a better membership. happy working out! 

https://www.uhcrenewactive.com/location?zipcode=07604&radius=5   

0 Kudos
Periodic Contributor

But isn't this just for people with a medicare plan? I'm so confused. Thank u. 

0 Kudos
Contributor

United Healthcare AARP branded Medicare supplement plans seem to include free membership to Lifetime fitness.  United Healthcare AARP branded Medicare supplement plans come with different costs, & different benefits.  I am checking this out tomorrow for my plan “G” which includes Gym membership discounts.  Will let u know what I find out.

0 Kudos
Regular Contributor

call your insurance 

0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Space Adventure Pinball and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP