Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP United Health Care Plan D 2023 Higher Deductible and Substantially Less coverage

Contributor

AARP United Health Care Plan D 2023 Higher Deductible and Substantially Less coverage

I just received my 2023 "Annual Notice of Changes" for my AARP United Healthcare Drug Plan.  While I can tolerate a 4.8% ($25) increase in the deductible, I am having a tough time swallowing the change in Tier 3 drug coverage.  I am on Eliquis which is a Tire 3 drug.  Current coverage is a co pay of $39 after hitting the deductible.  For 2003 the coverage for Tier 3 is 18% of the cost of the drug.  So now I will be paying somewhere around $96 a month instead of $39.

AARP how about some help here with your drug plan provider.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@b11871s 

When open enrollment begins in October 2022 for 2023 plans - perhaps it is time to look around to see if there is a better plan available for your needs in your area.  That's why both Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans and Medicare Advantage Plan with or without a connected drug plan have open enrollment every year because plans change and needs also change.

That's your only option - AARP has nothing to do with the cost/coverage of any Medicare plans for which bears their name - that's only for revenue purposes since they get royalties for the use of the AARP trademark name.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos

Cancelled my drug plan....GoodRx is better....Congress also passed bill giving seniors protection....

Bronze Conversationalist

GoodRX easily takes the place of a drug plan? Does it cover all drugs ? I take only one drug now, but who knows when that will change. I'm dreading having to go through all those insurance plans again this year to find one thats suitable for me. Gives me a headache ! 😳

Sandee2
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

If a Medicare beneficiary doesn't pick up a Medicare Part D drug plan or they drop this coverage - when and if they EVER want to sign up for one, they will pay a late sign up penalty for the rest of their days.

Insurance, Medicare or otherwise, isn't just for you, it is a sharing of the risk for everybody in the program.

Medicare.gov - Part D late enrollment penalty

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Atari Centipede® and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP