Get a newer and safer vehicle while saving money! Check out the AARP auto buying program.

Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP Supplemental Plan F United Healthcare

Message 1 of 4

Hi

As far as I know you do not have to do anything If you wish to keep what you have.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

@drawpoker

Hey, good to have you back.

I have kept up with some of your wisdom over on the Bogelhead.

MY SIGNATURE: "It’s Always something" - Roseanne Rosannadanna
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

You are absolutely fine.  Once an insurer has sold a Medigap policy,  any of them,  not just Plan F,  by law they are barred from cancelling that policy for any reason except one -  non-payment of premium.   (The other possibility is rather remote  -  the company goes belly-up and is cancelling all policies due to going out of business.  Even then,  you are okay,  as the law deems that to be a special event that automatically throws you into what is called "Open Enrollment" period, i.e.,  any other insurer who offers Plan F in your area has to sell you an identical Plan F without going thru the usual medical underwriting process.)

Federal law also prohibits any insurer from requiring a policy holder to "re-apply" every year.  Beware of highly disingenuous TV advertising (which is ubiquitous this time every year) which often suggests you are better off dropping Original Medicare with a supplement and "applying" for Medicare Advantage plan instead.  In my area (mid-Atlantic) Humana has been guilty of saturation campaign starting this month which can only be described as freely spreading b.s. over the airwaves to gullible senior citizens.

Since you are signed up for UHC to automatically draft your bank account every month for the premiums -- just be very vigilant that nothing has gone haywire with that.  

Check and verify that the premium has been deducted every single month as it should be.  Don't assume anything,  especially if you away on an extended vacation trip.   There have been a few horror stories on here in the past about UHC fouling up some autopay arrangments,  altho I seem to recall those were related to Part D plans,  not supplements    

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP Supplemental Plan F United Healthcare

Message 4 of 4

I live in the Northern Mariana Islands and have had Supplement Plan F for several years. I am wondering if I have to reapply to get this supplement every year? If that is the case, how would I go about getting that done? If I do nothing, then does UnitedHealthcare just assume I am still wanting it and will continue to automatically deduct the cost out of my checkig account (online banking). Thank you to anyone who can enlighten me.

cclongfield@gmail.com

Kudos
Views
Replies