Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

AARP PART D super saver a farce ?

Contributor

AARP PART D super saver a farce ?

You bet it is.  After carefully examining options for Part D my drug costs would be cheaper if I  changed plans to AARP Supersaver.  2 expensive maintenence drugs were cheaper but covered although dedicated approval was necessary as it was on my previous plan. FF to January: DENIED approval.  No, not covered although they certainly were in the comparison charts I now discover, far too late, that my drugs are denied rather than covered and less expensive. I am left w/o needed drugs my Dr says are crucial.

AARP - a surprising end to my support, money, texts and calls to DC in support or against bills. I really shouldn't be surprised.  Very little of the premise of right and wrong in America remains.

0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

I am not sure from your post but did you use the Medicare Plan Finder while "carefully examining your option"  for your prescription drug coverage during this past open enrollment period?

IF SO, you could have gotten some bad info and may have some options -

KHN 12/06/2019 - Website Errors Raise Calls For Medicare To Be Flexible With Seniors’ Enrollment 

If this is your situation, here is the CMS Blog post on 11/27/2019 that covers what to do about it -

CMS blog 11/27/2019 - We’re Heading into the Last Week of Medicare Open Enrollment, Don’t Miss Out o... 

It says about half-way down the page:

"Of course we want to ensure that beneficiaries are confident in their decisions and happy with the coverage they choose. We have protections such as Special Enrollment Periods in place if something happens to shake that confidence. As is the case every year, our call center representatives and staff caseworkers can help beneficiaries throughout the year if they believe they made the wrong plan choice because of inaccurate or misleading information. This process isn’t new, but this year we’re doubling down on ensuring that it’s a simple and painless experience for beneficiaries. Our staff is trained and ready to help any beneficiary who needs it. All they need to do is call 1-800 MEDICARE. Again, we’ve always had a Special Enrollment Period for people who think they made a wrong choice due to inaccurate information."

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP