Listen to The Perfect Scam Podcast and Nominate It for a People’s Choice Podcast Award! Find Out More

Info Seeker

Re: AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke.

Message 31 of 33

Too late John, we have already signed my wife up. We sent OptumRX her persctiptions on 12/17, called 12/22 and was told that they would go into a dead file and never looked at, because they were sent toosoon. On 12/27 we had the DR resend them. on 12/28 we called OptumRX to see if every thing was ok and give them our credit card number and  check when they would ship and was told they would ship on 1/1 or1/2. At this time they had all 6 perscriptions. On 1/2 we called and was told that they only had 2 scripts. we went back to the Doctor and had them send the other 4. Later in the day we called to see if thad them and they did. On 1/3 we called to see when they would ship and was told that one of the meds was out of stock and it may be 30 days before they got it in. On 1/3 we called to see if they had shipped the others and was told that another med was out of stock and it may be March before it will be in. Their suggestion was try to get it at a Retail pharmicy and just lose the mail order discount. We called AARP rx customer service and was told the same thing. I am going to call Medicare and see if I can change plans without a penalty. If so I would suggest all AARP members do the same, with the RX plan and the AARP membership. 
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke.

Message 32 of 33
I signed up for the AARP Medicare RX program last year in 2012 with my local pharmacy. No problem with this until I received a email about the Mail Order option for a 3 month supply of my prescriptions. I checked into this program which is with a company called OptumRx located in California. It took me several weeks using the internat connection for OptumRx to sign up but I eventually signed up and then ordered my prescriptions. At the time I signed up I was already in the donut hole so I did not receive any major discounts. The next refill that I sent in took a very long time to complete since the OptumRX web site was extremely slow and crashed a lot. That was back inOctober of 2012.
I stayed with the same Medicare RX program with AARP and in January of 2013 I tried to place an order for my refills. I expected that after 3 months of operation the OptumRX web site would have been improved and would work better. My suprise is that the OptumRX web site was now considerable worse than I had experienced before.
The web site is so slow and again crashes constantly so that after 3 hours of trying I just quit and placed my refills with my local drug store.
Why AARP and United Health would allow such a bad company to handle there mail orders for Medicare RX is just a major failure of customer satisfaction and good will.
If you want decent mail order service don't sign up with OptumRX. If you do you will be sorry.
Info Seeker

AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke.

Message 32 of 33
I signed up for the AARP Medicare RX program last year in 2012 with my local pharmacy. No problem with this until I received a email about the Mail Order option for a 3 month supply of my prescriptions. I checked into this program which is with a company called OptumRx located in California. It took me several weeks using the internat connection for OptumRx to sign up but I eventually signed up and then ordered my prescriptions. At the time I signed up I was already in the donut hole so I did not receive any major discounts. The next refill that I sent in took a very long time to complete since the OptumRX web site was extremely slow and crashed a lot. That was back inOctober of 2012.
I stayed with the same Medicare RX program with AARP and in January of 2013 I tried to place an order for my refills. I expected that after 3 months of operation the OptumRX web site would have been improved and would work better. My suprise is that the OptumRX web site was now considerable worse than I had experienced before.
The web site is so slow and again crashes constantly so that after 3 hours of trying I just quit and placed my refills with my local drug store.
Why AARP and United Health would allow such a bad company to handle there mail orders for Medicare RX is just a major failure of customer satisfaction and good will.
If you want decent mail order service don't sign up with OptumRX. If you do you will be sorry.