Make Your Weekends Even Longer. Add an Extra Day With Easy and Affordable Ideas From AARP Travel. Let's Go

Info Seeker

AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which

Message 11 of 33

I run out of my medicine. I order online from OPTUMRx web Saturday evening March 1/2014 next day delivery and I paid extra moony for this. I call today ask about my order when I aspect to got my prescription, the answer was, you order in Saturday Sunday no count, today Monday its steel in processing, its my be take 24 or 48 to complete the processing, and then its well be delivery next day. all this information is not righting in the order condition next day shipping.

Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Re: AARP Mail Order Prescriptions use Optumrx which is a joke.

Message 12 of 33

WOW,  LOOKING FOR  INFORMATION ON MAIL ORDER DRUGS AND READ ALL OF THESE POSTS .   MY HUSBAND

AND i ARE SOON GOING TO NEED DRUGS DELIVERED DUE TO HEALTH PROBLEMS.  OPTUMRX  SOUNDS VERY

UNPROFESSIONAL, DISORGANIZED,  NOT DEPENDABLE, AND INCONSISTENT.     IF I CANNOT DEPEND ON MY 

DRUGS TO BE DELIVERED CONSISTENTLY AND IN A TIMELY MANNER  ( 7-10 DAYS SOUNDS UNREASONABLE )  --

I HOPE THAT THEIR  DRUG DISPENSING PROCEDURES ARE BETTER .

Info Seeker

Message 13 of 33
I have had the worst experiences with Optumrx RX - This company is a JOKE - worst customer service, website is always down or crashing. I have been double billed on two different occasions. I can't believe that AARP recommends using this company to fill mail order prescriptions. I finally gave up dealing with them. I called one of their representatives to express my dissatifaction and he acted like he just didn't care.  I went back to using my local Walmart Pharmacy and I have never had a problem with Walmart Pharmancy. 
Frequent Social Butterfly

Message 14 of 33
My BC/BS plan uses Express Scripts. We've never had a problem. Mail order prescription are usually in my hands less than a week after the order is placed. i get a reminder about a month before refill time, also.  
Info Seeker

Message 15 of 33
Sorry to report that OptumRx hasn't improved that much in a year. It's very inconsistant. Some times I can receive a medication in 4 days of my doctor faxing the perscription. Other times (like today) it's been seven days sinse the fax and I don't even see the the order has been placed. Id there any cost effective altermative?
Info Seeker

Message 16 of 33
I want to add my 2 cents worth but I'm a group member of a corporate account whose company changed our mail order 'scripts from Medco to OptumRx.   What a mistake and as a previous poster stated, "OptumRx is a joke".   I've had similar problems where they could not locate all of my husband's prescriptions when it was transferred nor mine, although it's probably not exactly an easy transition for thousands of people in a company.   In any case, I had to call and I was tossed around  a couple times before getting to the right person who knew what to do.   Then they called me a few days later and we went thru the exercise again, OMG, what is wrong w/these people, get your act together!    Then another screwup on the 2nd set of refills for same drug, they only send one packet for 30 days instead of for 90 days-isn't the at the purpose of mail order 'script company,  

Now I receive a statement for a balance and I attempt to navigate their website to see how I can pay online but I guess they don't want my money because there is no way to pay!   OptumRx is disorganized all around, OMG!  How can one run a company in such a manner?! 
Info Seeker

Message 17 of 33

Both AARP Medicare RX and Optum are terrible. I am just ending my first year with them and definitely plan to change. They commit to nothing other than collecting premiums.  I was told by AARP RX that they change prices and tiers 'at will' therefore I never know what generic drug costs are until I am asked for payment.  In February 2013 I paid $3.30 for 14 pills of a generic antibiotic that has been around for decades.   In early August I was charged $45.00 for 20 pills of the same drug because the Tier had been changed. An older, established generic drug has moved from Tier 1 to Tier 3, ridiculous!  Come October 15th, I am kicking both of them to the curb. They should be shut down for fraud.

Info Seeker

Message 18 of 33
This is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life.  The customer service reps are not trained and everyone II  have spoke too doesn't understand  how important obtaining prescription medications are for people.  They have lost my orders, claimed to have called me ( I never heard from them ) one customer service rep said my credit card was declined. It is a active card that I use all of the time and it never has been declined.  Rather than contacting me they left my order in limbo until after I contacted them by phone.  Their  website is a nightmare - crashes all of the time. The workers I have dealt with just don't seem to care.  Personally I'm going back to my local Walmart pharmacy.
Info Seeker

Message 19 of 33
Optumrx is a joke...
Info Seeker

Message 20 of 33
OptumRx is nothing but a sweatshop run by crooks and liars. I wouldn't trust them to fill a glass with water; I certainly don't trust them to fill my prescriptions. Go here to read some complaints:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/rx/prescription_solutions.html?page=5 

Whose palms got greased at AARP when they chose OptumRx as a prescription "provider"?