Are you as smart as a high-tech car? Take this quiz and test your knowledge.
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DELTA DENTAL IS NOT WORTH IT; BAD DEAL

Message 1 of 3

I am paying $86/mo EACH for 3 adults.  (son just turned 19 and now has own dental/job).  I called today to see the cost of Plan B.  Still an insane price for the limits they have per year which we all hit in ONE single procedure.   This is a racket.  The only benefit anymore is a discounted price but the insurance doesn't pay the difference, YOU do.

This used to be a decent plan, but now you get so very little for so very much money.

Figure I am paying $3,096 per year for us 3.   I am not allowed to change my plan until December.  That's a bunch of horse poo.  So I will be paying $48/mo extra until December since I cannot change the plan.  

AARP what happened to your products?  This one needs a redo.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DELTA DENTAL IS NOT WORTH IT; BAD DEAL

Message 2 of 3

Agreed. One year I had over $11,000 in uncovered dental expenses due to a couple of root canals that almost ate through my jaw - they were problematic from day 1. Did I get any coverage that year? I don't believe so. When I had the initial root canals and crowns done, I believe I had something like $250 out of over a thousand covered for each. 

Last year, I spent $7k in medical insurance - money I could ill afford, and never visited the doctor. I still see the dentist, but have come not to trust either doctors or dentists. Both are more salesmen than care-givers. Neither pay attention to patients or science, just marketing literature and dollars. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

AARP DELTA DENTAL IS NOT WORTH IT; BAD DEAL

Message 3 of 3
AARP Delta Dental is practically a scam. Look at the maximum per year covered: either $1000 or $1500 per year! You end up paying nearly $600/ year for the insurance so all you get is $400. Elderly people usually need a lot of expensive dental work for gum surgery, implants, and so forth. This insurance says it pays 50% after one year waiting period but even one implant costs thousands and they will only pay $1000 NOT 50% of the cost! Not worth getting insurance just use the money to pay the dentist! Shame on AARP for agreeing to such a rip-off.
Kudos
Views
Replies