Content starts here
CLOSE ×

Search

A New MEDICARE COMPARE - Could Save You Money / Could Save Medicare Money

Honored Social Butterfly

A New MEDICARE COMPARE - Could Save You Money / Could Save Medicare Money

Check it out:

If you try it - let us know if it is close and what options you had in getting the outpatient procedure at different places.

Medicare pays differently depending on where an outpatient procedure is done.  EVEN IF iT IS THE SAME PROCEDURE - like Chemotherapy, to name one.  Hospital Outpatient facilities get paid MORE by Medicare than a freestanding doc office, say an Oncologist.  The Procedure is the same, the meds are the same, the hopefully comfortable chair where you sit to receive the therapy might be different.

Medicare.gov - Procedure Price Lookup for Outpatient Procedures Screenshot_2019-11-20 Procedure Price Lookup for Outpatient Services Medicare gov.png

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
Conversationalist

Oooh. I like that. No idea how accurate it is but it is slick.

Odd they don't ask for your zip. Medicare payments vary by location.

Tried a few procedures. Some got a reasonable response. Others were like asking Alexa to find a gym.

"There are several liquor stores near you that sell gin. Would you like more information?".

Bark less. Wag more.
Kudos
Views
0 Kudos
Honored Social Butterfly

@somarco wrote:

Oooh. I like that. No idea how accurate it is but it is slick.

Odd they don't ask for your zip. Medicare payments vary by location.

Tried a few procedures. Some got a reasonable response. Others were like asking Alexa to find a gym.

"There are several liquor stores near you that sell gin. Would you like more information?".

Yea, I think this is pretty neat too but it is just in the beginning stages now - adding a geographical area (zip) code for the analysis could really prove beneficial - for those who use it..

Still - nobody in government ever explains these things to the people using the healthcare.

They do a very poor job of explaining Medicare. 

The big thing here is the realization that many Part B procedures /  treatments can be performed in different location and since payment rates are different to these locations, some places are cheaper than others.

If a person was paying out of their own pocket, it would make a difference.  But if they aren't, worse yet, they may have NO OOP at all, who really cares ?  Me, as a taxpayer and beneficiary of Medicare.

It's Always Something . . . . Roseanna Roseannadanna
0 Kudos
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Need to Know

NEW: AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays! This week, achieve a top score in Block Champ and you could win $100! Learn More.

AARP Games Tournament Tuesdays

More From AARP