Prevention is the best medicine when it comes to avoiding surprise medical bills! Learn more.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: 2018 UHC Plan F Rate Increases

Message 11 of 16

You have to pay attention to what type of pricing method UHC used to determine your premium. There's 3 types of Medigap pricing methods... Community rated, Issue Age Rated and Attained Age Rated. 

Melissa Kay
Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: 2018 UHC Plan F Rate Increases

Message 12 of 16

You have to pay attention to what type of pricing method UHC used to determine your premium. There's 3 types of Medigap pricing methods... Community rated, Issue Age Rated and Attained Age Rated. 

Melissa Kay
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

2018 UHC Plan F Rate Increases

Message 13 of 16

right I just joined Sept. 1, 2017 and now I received my notice about two increases for 2018. I am in sales msyelf and boy this is bait and switch.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: 2017-2018 UHC Plan F Rate Increases

Message 14 of 16

My wife also retired in Augst 2017. The 2018 rates reflect this:

In January (or February in our case) there is the annual rate increase so your premium goes up for that.

In August your premium goes up to reflect the increase in age.

This will happen every year until your discount has expired. Then you will pay the same premium for a year and will only have the annual cost increases.

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: 2017-2018 UHC Plan F Rate Increases

Message 15 of 16

Many insurance companies offer an early enrollment discount. The discount then decreases each year until you reach the plan’s base rate. You can receive other discounts like electronic funds transfer (EFT).

I don’t know if any insurance company can tell you in advance how much their healthcare premiums will increase each year due to the cost of healthcare delivery. There are historical values/percentages in a company’s on-line archives of premiums and cost each year for all insurance companies. You might be able to get an average from those metrics. But in today’s healthcare environment who knows how much healthcare delivery will increase our premiums next year.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

2017-2018 UHC Plan F Rate Increases

Message 16 of 16

I purchased Medicare Suppliment Plan F through AARP August of 2017 and have made two premium payments. During the phone sales pitch I was told about the 30% discount offered and how it would work its way back in at 3% per year for 10 years. As I am still getting my head wrapped around all of the conditions and exceptions, I'm assuming for the moment, this 3% is separate from the rate increases charged by UHC, if so, then my question is directed towards rate increases from UHC. This week I get a letter stating the rate is going up 5% every six months for the next year, this is up through December 2018. So far I haven't found what I would consider, "factual" information on what kind of rate increase to expect. Will they be semi-annual as those above, more often, less often? Would like to hear back from others on what they have experienced to date. Thanks in advance...

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Have a question about AARP membership or benefits? Ask it in the AARP Help Membership forum, Benefits & Discounts forum, or General forum.

multiple white question marks with center red question mark

Top Authors