Do vitamins and supplements really work? Get your questions answered by leading brain health experts.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Would like to meet a honest male 55-60 for friendship

Message 1 of 12

Hi Rick, how are you? I have  thought of you often.  I have not been on this site for a couple of months. I got caught up in things an people that I thought were important, but it turned out, that the people and things were not important at all.   Live and learn, but I am back on track to finding me again.  I hope to hear from you soon.

Catherine

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12

Hi Catherine,

You made me feel so good with yesterday's note. I can see that you have a good head on your shoulders. You put into words how I feel about Bernie Sanders, also I agree with you about him for Hillary's running mate

I thought you were a Blue state, but I wasn't sure. I'm a Blue guy in a vast majority of Red folks in Oklahoma, but I don't mind. As long as they don't talk to me about politics because I'm honestly in a weakened condition, and I don't like to fight with people that won't listen to reason.

I really like Elizabeth Warren and what she did and how she did it during the campaign; I think that she's a very smart lady, and she's not afraid to say and do what she thinks--very cool.
   Thanks too for your coaching and encouragement too It helps me feel better, and gives me a little something to mull over. I must be shortsighted to say the least thinking that someone or some other situation is going to relieve my depressed world or all the suddenly make me what I think as my normal, or better than normal. I appreciate your insight and I'm going to try to get my head around looking for the joy from within. I don't know, but I appriciate the help.

We had a cold day in the mid twenties today, but I stayed warm in my little house reading, and streatching, riding my recombant bike, washing clothes, and generally cleaning up. I am sure that tomorrow's going to be better because I won't have chores to do!

I hope you have a good night too,

Rick

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

Hi Rick,  I am glad that you are feeling better.  It was cold here today.  I am sure we will be getting snow, sooner rather that later.....I am hoping for later.  I love the summer, spring and fall, but not the winter.  I wished that Hilliary had chosen Bernie Sanders for her running mate.  I really respect his passion for the middle class, and that he is very outspoken about the issues that effect every day people.  I trully believe that the next four years are going to consist of never ending battles in the senate and the congress.  I am glad that I live in a Blue state, and have Elizabeth Warren as my Senator......she really knows how to get under Trumps skin....and is not afraid to call him out.   Rick I dont look at the adversities in a persons life as short commings, I look at them as someone who is trying to do the best they can, with what they are going through.  You dont have to prove anything to anyone, just be good to yourself.  Look inward at your true self, to find the peace and joy that you desire......its there.....it has always been there, just waiting for you to discover it.  Have a great night. 

Catherine

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

Hi Catherine,

I'm feeling much better thanks. Sorry it took me so long to write back to you. I got a taiste of what it's like this last time. I'm very new to all this. Generally I get an email when you answer me back but this time I went right to the AARP web site directly--I like that way better.

I really like Bernie Sanders, he's the only campain that I supported until Hillary Clinton got the nomination. (Maybe I shouldn't say it but Bernie seems like he's more transparent than Mrs. Clinton. However, I liked her a lot in all three debates).

It was so cold here last night. It got down to the single digits for the wind chill factor. That's not unusual for NE Ohio or Massachusetts I 'spose, but for Oklahoma it's a mite chilly.

Catherine, you have brought some joy into my life with your notes, and even if this dosen't work out due to my shortcomings, I thank you for your ear, and for your absolute appropriateness of your notes. I enjoyed every one.

Hope you have a good day,

Rick

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

Hi Rick, I am glad that you are feeling better.  I am watching Bernie Sanders on MSNBC.  Oklahoma sounds really nice,  I am glad that you are happy there.  The springtime in Massachusetts is also nice with temps in the 50's. Our weather can be unpredictable so it could go either way.  Hope you get plenty of rest and chicken soup, so that you feel better soon.  Have a great night.

Catherine

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

Hi Catherine, I'm feeling a lot better after I looked at you revised post that I got in my email. Thank you so much. And I think I'm completely over that flu virus that I had. I feel a lot better! Anyway, yeh, Oklahoma is nice, especially in the Spring; it has temps in the mid 70s and low to mid 80s. Also you can't believe how nice the people are and how they'll go out of the way to help you. People talk to you in line at the grocery store, even wave off the steering wheel when they drive by on the street! Very wonderful people--you can't believe it. Thanks so much for editing you note--it made this ole heart feel a lot better. (I read back my note and it's startin' to sound like a real sell job--not intentional just enthusiasm).

Please take good care of you,

Rick (Big-Rick)

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

Dear Catherine,

I appreciate your timely response. I've just been getting through a stomach virus since Sunday night. I'm feeling some better today. I had a quiet New Year's eve at home watching it unfold on CBS, NBC, & FOX. I'm feeling a little unsure as we enter this new year. On the other hand I'm very happy when I consider your writing back to me, that kind of newness I welcome. You have such a engaging tone to your notes; so appropriate. I'm still very new to this format, however I don't know how much better I'd do in conversation. I hope this note finds you happy and HEALTHY! I'm going in and opening a can of chicken soup. I think that I'm ready for it.

Warmly,

Big-Rick (Rick)

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

Hello Rick, thank you for the compliment.  It is okay, no you didnot share to much.  2016 was not a good year for alot of people, including me.  We all have things that we go through, its a day by day thing.  I hope that 2017 will be a better year for you.  Hope your rental property stuff works out for you.  I never been to Oklahoma, is it a nice place to live?  Are you happy there?  I look forward to hearing from you.  Have a great day, Happy New Year!!!

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

Hi Catherine,

You have a beautiful name when spoken, I don't know if you knew that. Well, here's the deal, I live in Northeast Oklahoma. This is the first time that I ever tried something like this, and I was taken by you're plea for an honest man and so I wrote what was on my heart. (A day or so later I realized I had shared too much. Sorry.) 

I appreciate your note very much. I'm originally from NE Ohio, and came here to live because of some rental property I owned, but that didn't work out so well due to my total inexperience. But you sound like a very lovely person that I'm just now getting back to. I hope this note finds you happy and healthy; and that you have a good and safe New Years too. So far it's been good for me!

Thanks for writing back,

Rick (Big Rick)

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12

Hello, I did not vote for Trump either. I think that he is a distaster,  Sorry it took me so long to get back to you......Holidays.  I drink wine, Reisling.   What part of Massachusetts do you live in?  East, West, North or South?  I also went through depression...2016 was not a good year.  I look forward to your reply.  Happy New Year

Take care,

Catherine

Kudos
Views