Take control of your brain health as you age. Visit Staying Sharp — it's free for AARP members.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Will anyone consider marry a younger partner so you will have someone to take care of you

Message 11 of 13
I'm not quite sure how much younger I would marry. I dated a man who is six years younger than me. It didn't work out not because of age , but because of our life situations: his family's issues, my family issues . Other than the fact that he was a really nice guy and we had so much in common I really did wish it worked out.

I'm not sure if age is a matter when you become compatible ,however, I have been on dating sites, eHarmony, and they matched me up with an 18-year-old and my current age is 54. I seriously don't see how we would even be a compatible at all considering his hormones are probably flying off the wall and doesn't know what he wants in life. As far as older men I would consider, however, I was matched me up with 75 and 80 and 90-year-old men, and I wasn't interested in that age group either. Relationships are more than just looks, and I believe you have to be attracted to your partner. Compassion, patience, good sense of humor etc. make up what I'm looking for in a partner and one day a husband again. Since I've been single I have gained my own independence, so when I start dating again it certainly won't be with a man who is totally controlling; like the marriage I was in. My kids don't understand why I would even want to go back into another relationship. I know that there are good men out there who Will treat women with respect and love and not control or fear. They are out there. Just not sure where
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Will anyone consider marry a younger partner so you will have someone to take care of you

Message 12 of 13

YOU'VE BEEN POSTING THESE ADS FOR AN ASIAN WIFE SERVICE ALL OVER ONLINE COMMUNITY; PLEASE STOP .. IT'S A VIOLATION OF AARP'S TERMS OF SERVICE!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Will anyone consider marry a younger partner so you will have someone to take care of you

Message 13 of 13

or being alone for the rest of your life and move in assistant living?

Kudos
Views
Replies