Make the best choices for your Medicare needs with AARP’s Medicare Made Easy. Try it today!

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Where do you meet people to date?

Message 11 of 62

Just brouseing and this subject caught my interest. I too wonder where to meet legitimate (people) men for dating. Not a lot of men at my church, just women in my travel group, men at my pt job all married. Not sure of these dating sites for older people. Any advice or suggestions ? Thanks to everyone!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you meet people to date?

Message 12 of 62
The problem is we stop ourselves from connecting
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 62

Smile, give people your email address, communicate, talk, share and have fun. Remember it takes time to connect and first impressions are usually clouded by anxiety, past disappointments or misunderstanding.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 62

Be careful if a dating agency. Ones with contract  for number of dates, glamour shots and advice claiming only send you on dates that match your profile...as a women!!!

I paid for 2 different ones. Matched potential men with my profile was a joke!  Then learned, men over 50 pay nearly nothing for service as company was desperate to fulfill all the demand from older women!!.  Instead they promised to complete 2-3 dates per week.  Complained waste of my time and got response from 1 agency. "You need to be more open minded as you never know who might be right for you."  

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

A POST BY NICE MAN Re: Where do you meet people to date?

Message 15 of 62

@JamesB1962 wrote:

I must say, you can't really make a blanket statement about men like that. There are those of us honestly looking for someone to love, care for, tend to and experience, and spend the rest of our lives with. Not everyone wants a subservient wife. In my opinion, men who want that don't deserve a wife in any context. Relationships of any kind are a two way street. Both parties have to work together on everything, except surprises of course. We are still out there. So keep the faith!

@JamesB1962 

James Thank you so much for your beautiful and hopeful post.

It needs to be brought back to the top of all other comments 

I wish you much luck and success in finding what you dream for. 

Thanks again 

Helping us girls with Keeping the Faith & Hope

Truly a blessing 

Have a beautiful week 

Ginger  :  ) 

PS: @cindyasher29 Thanks Cindy bringing focus on this comment  ;  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 62

@cindyasher29 

Hello Cindy 

Welcome to our community here

There are many great topics & threads to read in the community 

DITTO! To your thoughts

@JamesB1962 

JamesB comment was beautiful when he posted it & you brought attention back to it. . Thanks for that Was indeed nice to reread his post.....its very hopeful

I too am keeping the faith

Thanks again for posting & Welcome again look forward to your future posts.

Have a beautiful day! 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 62
I just logged on here for the first time ever and saw this message...just want to say "thank you" to the man who wrote this response! You are right and your message is inspiring to me (and to many other women I am sure). I am keeping the faith. Thank you JamesB1962!
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 62

We all go off the deep in in describing our quest for love, friendship and fun. People should just be open and honest. Sex is not the issue but it helps to tone it down by briefly talking about it or engaging in holding hands and even smiling at the other person. There really is no reason there is so much lonliness and bitterness.  People have barriers that preclude basic friendship and sharing.

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 62
Dating sites are a waste of time. Been there...done that. There are far more FAKE MEN than not today. WHERE ARE THE REAL TRUE AUTHENTIC MEN TODAY??? I just want ONE MAN to love for the rest of my days.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 62

@lw52674518 

Hey There lw 

My reply is No & thanks for the comment 

Since you didn't tag person not certain whom your comment is meant for 

Good luck Have a beautiful weekend 

Kudos
Views