There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you meet people to date?

Message 1 of 45

We all go off the deep in in describing our quest for love, friendship and fun. People should just be open and honest. Sex is not the issue but it helps to tone it down by briefly talking about it or engaging in holding hands and even smiling at the other person. There really is no reason there is so much lonliness and bitterness.  People have barriers that preclude basic friendship and sharing.

Report Inappropriate Content
Tags (1)
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 45
Dating sites are a waste of time. Been there...done that. There are far more FAKE MEN than not today. WHERE ARE THE REAL TRUE AUTHENTIC MEN TODAY??? I just want ONE MAN to love for the rest of my days.
Kudos
Views
Regular Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 45

@lw52674518 

Hey There lw 

My reply is No & thanks for the comment 

Since you didn't tag person not certain whom your comment is meant for 

Good luck Have a beautiful weekend 

Ginger  :  ) 

"May your troubles be less....your blessings be more and nothing but happiness come through your door" : )
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 45

To lw52674518 - Thank you for the compliment; I appreciate it.  I don't claim to know all the answers on how to meet people but I don't mind sharing my own personal experiences.  If my experiences can inspire anyone in any way, then I'm glad.  Socializing is challenging for a lot of people and even more so for those who are alone and older.  I speak from experience when I say that; becoming more sociable has been a tremendous learning experience for me.  

As for a companion?  No, but I have met someone recently (we've had two dates, so far) but it's way too early to determine if he's companion material.  However, I remain hopeful and will continue to look forward to one day finding a good companion, emphasis on good because that's the real challenge.  I've had companions for most of my adult life, however, not all of them were good companions.  Not looking for another one of those.

Have a good day and a wonderful weekend.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 45

No

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 45

I'm impressed by your thoughts. Do you have a companion at this time?

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 45

I am 74 and been widowed 2x! My hobbies include reading, working in the garden and greenhouse. I really enjoy being outdoors. I do have a couple health problems I deal with with medication. I would like to find a friend first and see what transpires.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 45

I've been reading alot of these letters. I know it isn't easy to meet someone, with all the scammers on the onli e dating sites. But I'm a hopeless romantic and refuse to believe I or anyone can't find their soulmate. Sometimes it just takes time. Like someone said you just need to get out and mingle with people. Whether at a senior ctr or a gym. You have to keep believing it will happen. As the old saying goes, good things take time. Sincerely hopeless romantic...

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 45

I met my Significant Other, after my husband died at the age of 74, at a Tai Chi class that I had been in for a number of years when he wandered in to take the class.

Just goes to show, you can meet good guys anywhere even when you are just doing something healthy!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 45

my age prevents me from finding anyone there are no social activities near me and I won’t do on line

Kudos
Views