Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you meet people to date?

Message 1 of 62

Meeting a friend takes work because both men and women have to be equally active in beginning a relationship. Past traditions and fear of taking risks usually make most women wait for a man to initiate contact. Keep waiting as both sides need to work together to arrange any first meeting.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 62

I live in Ohio so Oregon is quite a distance away!  Although it's on my bucket list to travel to Oregon sometime.  I saw a documentary called "The Reluctant Radical" (on global warming) and it was filmed in Portland, Oregon.  It looked like a beautiful place.  The interesting thing about the internet, is that it has enabled people to communicate easily from one side of the country to the other.  Yet, it's very difficult for people to meet in person.  As with so many things, there are pros and cons I guess!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 62

The most proactive and healthy way to meet people is to smile at them and say hello. People are all over and the first step is to begin a conversation. You will know if there is more to talk about Almost by magic, if there is a connection, both of you will find a way to meet up again. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 62
I live in Salisbury, MD
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 62

Internet dating is a waste of time. It can help with communication skills, but do not expect others to follow through. Meet people in person.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 62

Sorry for tbe delayed response, I don't go on this site very often. To answer your question, I am single still.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 62

Sorry for tbe delayed response, I don't go on this site very often. To answer your question, I am single and live in Redmond, Oregon. Where do you live??

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 62

Now days internet dating seems like the way of the world.

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 62
Any place and every place. Smile, have a card with your name and email address or phone number. Figure out activities you like and look there. Do not be shy or afraid to talk. If you are not interested in someone, tell them you have a partner.
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 62

Read your post....Totally agree with you!  I wish you good luck in your quest to find someone special!!!!

Kudos
Views