AARP's caregiver resource center can help you navigate your role as a family caregiver. Try it today.

Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Where do you meet people to date?

Message 41 of 63

AARP needs to promote relationship building.    Give members a project to work together on via online communication.  We will each find our own way out of the darikness to trust adults to do good things together.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 63

People are everywhere in front and behind you. They want to get to know you. Will it be love,lust or another let down?  Only through enthusiasm,humor and kindness do we ever connect.  Slowness in connecting always ends relationships before the first hello.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 63

@lindag237909 

Hi Linda thanks for sharing your beautiful hopeful story

Sorry about the cancer your in my thoughts and prayers May you be blessed with lots of beautiful days and loving people around you always

Been to Chicago many years ago 1978 

I love the 3 Chicago TV Shows by Dick Wolf

Been some shows &movies made here in NC My Mom loved Nicholas Sparks & my daughter in law & I have met him twice 

Enjoy every moment! 

Ginger : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 63

@sophias603738 

Hi Sophia 

I live in rural area of town named Youngsville NC just outside of Wake Forest NC & Raleigh NC 

For over 25+ years lived outside of small town Spring Hope NC 

I came from Mississippi 33+ years ago

Nice to meet y'all 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 63
Northside of Chicago. Good luck!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 63
Thank you! Definitely happy endings abound. --Linda
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 63
tx, I wonder if you live anywhere near me?
Sophie
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 63

Me again

On this community site You can put your Bio in your profile

Which I did & I check others info to find out their name by clicking on community ID 

So far I've not come across any others that posted their Bio but do find their names to get to know others. 

Also its nice that you can send private messages through this community have chatted with some folks there plus can chat with Community Helpers also. 

Have a beautiful week! 

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 63

@sophias603738 

Hey Sophia 

No AARP Dating site

From other topics I've read they once tried it but required alot to maintain & took away from the goals AARP had in mind 

I've watched this topic for while no posts then today discovered many had posted

Some great suggestions  & experiences posted Thanks

I tried online dating 2 men met not good experiences As another posted just don't think its my kinda thing 

Have been blessed to make some friends on this community for which I'm grateful 

Reckon I need to get more out there cause they are not going come knocking at my door

After decades marriage  ended

Because of some circumstances don't desire get married plus in this last 5 years working on myself and living alone 1st time in life I enjoy my time alone and with my family and friends 

I would love to have a companion to hang out with Eat and  travel & do things together 

I hold hope for meeting someone maybe even in this community I've seen winners of Sweeps that live near my location.... Anything is possible as long as open to believing 

Good luck everyone & thanks for sharing your thoughts and hopes 

Ginger  : )

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 63

Thank you for this insight. I lost my boyfriend of 30 years to a hit and run bicycle accident last July, and have been paralyzed ever since. Same as you, healthy, professional, active inquisitive mind, but this just knocked me down. He was my rock and soulmate. Had plans to travel extensively after I retire this year.  Now what?

Kudos
Views