Refresh your driving skills with the AARP Smart Driver online course! Use promo code THANKS to save 25 percent.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Totally New to Dating after lifetime marriage

Message 1 of 3

I think the best way to meet someone is metting on the street. You going to the shop, buying somethinkg and boom, asking a girl to help you choose a milk. Some questions and answers, and asking her to have a date. And boom, youre in the "party"

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Totally New to Dating after lifetime marriage

Message 2 of 3

First off, you really should get out and do things in your area of the country. I learned the hardway, after 26 years of marriage, that today's dating world is nothing like when I met my husband in my 20's. There are so many pretenders, scammers, catfish online that you don't know anymore who you're really chatting with and sharing information. The best way is to meet someone in your immediate area to chat with on a daily basis. Try a senior center, library, church, music venues, outdoor events or any other local single groups in your area. Don't waste precious time behind a computer looking for a selfless friendship. You'll end up hurt in the long run. I wasted a 18 months on someone I met online. I was completely blown away when I found out he wasn't who he pretended to be. He sent fake pictures, gave a fake email address, fake house address and even had a phone number under his fake name. Everything about him was a lie. He made up an elaborate story. After many attempts of failed meetings, I hired a private investigator to get to the truth. He was married with 3 children. Ultimately, the dude enjoyed the excitement of a fantisy emotional relationship with someone outside the relationship. The daily correspondence and his sneaking out of the house to call me brought excitement to his life.

I ended up meeting a great guy at the local park. I would go there to read every night. After sitting by myself for a few weeks reading, one day a great guy came up to me and started a conversation. It was true time with no pretentions. We exchanged phone numbers and our communication was via phone not through a computer. We've been together for 4 years.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Totally New to Dating after lifetime marriage

Message 3 of 3

I must be crazy being on here, but the truth is that I need to have a woman to share things with and after so many years with my soon to be ex-wife, to speak to a real human being would be delightful. A friendship can be more valuable to me than many other relationships, and I'm a great listener. So, if all you get out of meeting me is to pour your heart out to someone that will understand you a let you get things of your chest; then I can be that person for you. I'm not going to say that sex is the first thing on my mind, and, although I miss sex when it's not available on a regular basis; however; I value a selfless friendship most all, and would settle for that with the right person. I don't feel my age, don't act my age and definitely don't look my age (many women have called me handsome), Although I can be the life of the party, I prefer introversion and contemplation. I tend to develop great affinity with a friend and am one of the few who can be a true friend to a woman, without hidden agendas or duplicitous feelings. I can converse intelligently on a great many subjects and am a quick study for subjects I might not be conversant in. Inner beauty in more important to me than superficial plasticity, although sincere beauty is never a turn off. I wish to hear from you if I make you curious or you are tired of dealing with duplicitous people. I live in Pasadena California and am a retired Vietnam Veteran. I prefer to communicate via email as I spend a lot of time online learning about new things or cementing my knowledge of things that I am not totally satisfied I understand. Wishing to hear from you; Jimmy Santiago

Kudos
Views
Replies