Staying Sharp empowers you to take control of your brain health as you age. Try it today!

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Too bad all us over 60'ers can't schedule a dinner to eat, meet and laugh.

Message 1 of 7

Join or start your own Meetup (meetup.com) group. A friend started a 55+ group and it grew very quickly. Activities are varied- dinners, dancing, plays, concerts, hiking, clubs, travel  and the list goes on. Some weeks we have 4 or 5 planned. Some members just attend dinners while others seem to attend everything. 

Good luck starting or finding a group. I personally belong to four- social, political, hiking and movie. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

AARP 50+ CONVENTIONS and LOCAL GATHERINGS

Message 2 of 7

Whatever happened to them?  Why does AARP no longer host them?  I was looking forward to including the different locations in my annual travel experiences.

I'm soooooo bummed that they (AARP) doesn't have them anymore.  

Maybe a cruise would be a great way for the AARP Community to get together.  Or we could host a get-together in our respective regions/home towns.  Nothing complicated; just meet and greets, a meal, entertainment venue?

Anyone interested?  I'd be willing to host in Los Angeles or Riverside (Inland Empire).

Fey Lady
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

It really would!  Anyone around Boise interested?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

It doesn't seem like very many people come to this website. Smiley Sad  50??? You're just a baby!! Smiley Happy.   If there were a way to set something 'unfancy' up on this site, I would do it.

MJ
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

I just turned 50 but Iwould love to do something like that!

Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7
True! We used to get together in small groups during AARP National "conventions" and it was great fun!
Phil Harris, actor and showman, to John Fogerty of CCR: “If I’d known I’d live this long, I’d have taken better care of myself.”
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Too bad all us over 60'ers can't schedule a dinner to eat, meet and laugh.

Message 7 of 7

Wouldn't it be fun to have a night out,  maybe a movie and dinner afterwards just to meet and enjoy the company of others our age. Smiley Happy

MJ
Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

Open Enrollment: Oct 15-Dec 7, 2019 Find resources to help you decide on the best healthcare insurance plans for you during Open Enrollment season

Top Authors