Refresh your driving skills and you could save on your auto insurance! Sign up for the AARP Smart Driver course.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Some Real World Dating Advice for Men Over 50

Message 11 of 77

As my old dentist in Dayton Ohio told me 40 years ago, "He or She who hesitates, is lost", Get on the offensive and talk to others. Connect and communicate.  Do not get overwhelmed by fears, hesitation or nighmare stories.  You deserve your day in the sun

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 77

Awesome response Thanks i needed to hear that also 

Have a beautiful week everyone 

Ginger  : ) 

@sp69357192 wrote:

GuillimeroV606235 said "that after two failed marriages that each lasted 20 years . . . " I will stop right there on quoting you and would like to make a comment. I think 20-year marriages are a success story. You may have had children with the first marriage. I am sure the second marriage had many good years, too. Life is a long journey and maybe those marriages ran their course. Please don't beat yourself up and talk about failure. People are imperfect and whether you or your spouse was the primary cause of the marriage ending, I think you had two good runs, and you gained some knoweldge about yourself. Be kind to yourself and bless you!

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 77

It is not about making moves. It is about common courtesy and reciprocity.  We all want to be cared for and noticed. We all want to know the other person is as kind as we are. Waiting in secret is no virtue. Do something to show others you are generous.  How else will anyone know you are not cold, bitter and resentful? 

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 77
Giving out phone numbers and email addresses is a start. Taking risks talking about traveling, work, hobbies and hopeful adventures comes next. Assuming fear and lying may or may not be accurate, but it always ends any hope of communication. Safe risks are certainly there. Who is creative? Most prefer boring correspondence ending in unreturned messages.
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 77

I posted once B4 but would just like to say this.  I enjoy female companionship.  The friendly server who tops off my coffee and we have fun chat adds to my day.  As far as making "moves," just not my thing.  

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 16 of 77
AMEN!
Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 17 of 77
I'm a woman and I totally agree with your post. Thank you for posting that. SOME men won't get it, but many will get it. Smiley Happy
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 18 of 77

WoW!  I wish this were posted on all the dating sites.   Says it all.    Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 19 of 77

finally someone who gets the whole picture.. I wish i would have meet you a long time ago.. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 20 of 77

I agree. Great lesson learned 🙂

Kudos
Views