Refresh your driving skills and learn about new car technology with the AARP Driver Safety page.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Some Real World Dating Advice for Men Over 50

Message 1 of 63

I posted once B4 but would just like to say this.  I enjoy female companionship.  The friendly server who tops off my coffee and we have fun chat adds to my day.  As far as making "moves," just not my thing.  

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 63
AMEN!
Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 63
I'm a woman and I totally agree with your post. Thank you for posting that. SOME men won't get it, but many will get it. Smiley Happy
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 63

WoW!  I wish this were posted on all the dating sites.   Says it all.    Thanks!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 63

finally someone who gets the whole picture.. I wish i would have meet you a long time ago.. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 63

I agree. Great lesson learned 🙂

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 63

Thank you for the words of encouragement. You are right, there is no reason to beat myself up over the end of my marriages, they were great lessons to learn and I am very grateful for them. My point was that, at first I blamed my partners for the "failure", but, in the ned, I needed to understand what I was disfunction I was bringing to the realationship dance that contributed to its demise. I think this is a lesson that will help me greatly as I seek a new partner. 

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 63

GuillimeroV606235 said "that after two failed marriages that each lasted 20 years . . . " I will stop right there on quoting you and would like to make a comment. I think 20-year marriages are a success story. You may have had children with the first marriage. I am sure the second marriage had many good years, too. Life is a long journey and maybe those marriages ran their course. Please don't beat yourself up and talk about failure. People are imperfect and whether you or your spouse was the primary cause of the marriage ending, I think you had two good runs, and you gained some knoweldge about yourself. Be kind to yourself and bless you!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 63

I think the desire for a more meaningful relationship came to me much later, after the hormones stopped raging so much. It certainly is a priority now!.

After two failed long term marriages (both lasted twenty years), I had to start looking at what I was bringing into the relationship that was helping them fail. What I discovered was that I was projecting a self belief that I was not worthy of love, so I attracted partners who helped strengthen that belief. 

I am sixty-seven and, like you, I am looking for a meaningful anf fulfilling relationship but, I am doing so aremed with the lesson I finally learned; if you don't learn to love yourself first, no one else will be able to do it for you. I have been learning to love and appreciate myself. I also know how to love and appreciate someone else. I beleive this will help me attract a better match.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 63

2beingme: I believe everyone wants what you want if they are really in touch with their desires. Does anybody want a superficial relationship? I think not. Even as a young adult, I wanted a meaningful relationship and I found it. Those who want a superficial relationship do not know what they are missing out on. Keep up the search. Learn what works and doesn't work. Do a self-examination to see how you could make the situation better. Maybe the answer is nothing. Don't give up. Keep the candle in your heart burning and someone will be attracted to it.

Kudos
Views