Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Single in Thornton, Co

Message 1 of 7

Get involved with your local church groups, bible studies, etc.  I've met many nice people and believe that if it is the Lords will, one day, my prince will come.  One of our bible studies we talked about experiences with dating websites and the majority of people (men & women) indicated that they just don't work.  Too many married men & women out there seeking flings and never divulging they are married.  It's an easy place for someone to portray how wonderful they are and try to scam their way into your life and pocket book.  Things are not like they were back in the 60's & 70's...it's an "all about me world" and screw everyone else....seems to be the flare of those sites.   There are also community groups within several churches and many also outside of the churches where people set up events to go hiking, to dinner, movies, etc.  That's a good way to meet others.  Blessings to you in your journey to meeting someone. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7

I won't give up, just not looking really.  No onlne dating anymore.  Doing lots of things with my gf's and I guess if I run into someone and we click, so be it. Smiley Happy

MJ
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

I'm in the same boat.... I'm a retired male and have subscribed to dating sites that mirror my likes. I thought, at this stage of life folks would be past game playing and all the other adolescent stuff.. but like you haven't had much luck. about all I can say is DON'T GIVE UP!!  Fortune favors the bold!! 

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

@mv7654887 wrote:

Thanks so much. I will definitely  check that out.  Would just like to meet people to do things with! Appreciate it!!!

Most welcome!

If these ideas don't pan out, let's chat some more. I bet we can come up with something perfect for you!  Best wishes.

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

Thanks so much. I will definitely  check that out.  Would just like to meet people to do things with! Appreciate it!!!

MJ
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

@mv7654887 wrote:

I'm done with the online dating websites.  Seem all the same people (men) are in all the different sites and none have been worth dating much less have a relationship with. I wish there were a way to meet people close to you without having to deal with dating websites. Smiley Sad

Hellllloo fellow Front Ranger! (waves)

I'm not single, and have no knowledge of dating web sites, so can't speak to that. However, I have found interesting people (not looking to date, obviously, so your mileage may vary) by attending classes and functions at my local Senior Center. In addition, this week I'm set to meet new folks in Fort Collins, CO through an AARP Colorado volunteer meet and greet.

You might check to see that you are on your local Senior Center's mailing list as well as the CO AARP list in order to keep informed of opportunities that arise.

Hope this helps!

"The key to success is to keep growing in all areas of life - mental, emotional, spiritual, as well as physical." Julius Erving
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Single in Thornton, Co

Message 7 of 7

I'm done with the online dating websites.  Seem all the same people (men) are in all the different sites and none have been worth dating much less have a relationship with. I wish there were a way to meet people close to you without having to deal with dating websites. Smiley Sad

MJ
Kudos
Views
Replies