There's always more to discover with an AARP membership! Check out your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Share your funniest date stories here

Message 1 of 17

Goodone!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 17

It was our first date. I admired Jim across the table in many meetings. While I knew nothing about him personally, I observed that he was a pretty confident, intelligent, and generous person. One Friday night, I left work a bit late and as I drove by one of our company buildings, I saw him walk out. I almost wrecked my car and then continued to check him out in my rear view mirror. Weeks later, I confessed my silly “rubberneck” experience to my best friend. To my surprise, I received a call from Jim several days later asking me out to lunch. Coincidence?

I stammered and stuttered that it would be nice, said thank you, and hung up. I was so fluttered with emotions. A couple of minutes later, he called again to suggest that he pick me up on Wednesday at noon. I agreed and then stood up in my office and did the happy dance as my boss walked by and said, “That’s what I like to see – happy employees.”

We went to a garden restaurant about 10 minutes from the office and the conversation flowed easily until I looked at my watch and noticed that two hours had passed. Yikes. I was due to give a presentation at 2:00 p.m. We jumped up, grabbed the check and ran out the door. Settled in the driver’s seat, Jim realized the check was still in his hand. More precious minutes passed as he ran back inside and then raced to get me back to work.

My boss was pacing and asked where had I been? I just smiled. Nevertheless, we hurried off to our meeting. About a year later, Jim and I married and he proved to be the real deal – kind, respectful, fun, inspiring and even more.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 17

My wife and I met on a blind date arranged by my brother and her sister who were neighbors.  When I arrived at her house on the appointed evening, her very large German Shepard dog came bounding out of the bushes straight toward me.  I had been raised with dogs and I knew that they all are capable of smelling fear.  That dogs nose was full of fear right then.  On top of all of that, I found out later that she had forgotten to feed her dog that night.  As things turned out, we will celebrate 44 years of marriage in June.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 17

Then there was the time I dropped my only condom and it rolled into the floor heat register and disappeared.  Foiled again!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 17

Our story takes place on our first date in December of 1965. We had gone to the Christmas Display, courtesy of Fred Harvey, owner of Harvey's department store, in front of the Parthenon in Centennial Park, Nashville, Tennessee. Having spent a couple of hours sitting there talking, I drove her back home and walked her to the front door. As we stood there in the light of the front porch, I stuck out my hand to say thanks and that I had a good time. Her hand was behind her and she did not respond. I asked if something was wrong and she responded, "Yes, my charm bracelet is caught in my skirt." She was wearing one of those nubby two-piece suits that were very popular at the time. I got down on one knee to see if I could get it undone. The lady across the street, one of her families best friends, Millie Rosson, saw what was going on and could not imagine what I was doing. She went and got her binoculars and looked through her front window and of course, she still could not figure it out. The next day she asked her mother about it and when she heard the explanation, everyone had a good laugh. We married on August 19, 1966, and now have been married for 52, going on 53 years.

Sarge
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 17
Thanks so much. I actually do have a book that just needs the finishing touches. It contains some of these stories. I have been writing since I was a child. My book is a humorous view of a dsyfunctional family. I love my family, but they were very dsyfunctional. The book is self-help, but I think it is funny. A doctor has encouraged me to publish. Maybe when I retire I will do this. I have been blessed with the sense of humor. I write humor and use it to do stand up comedy for senior groups, church groups, women's groups. I think I have a lot of ham in me.

Thanks again for the nice compliment.

Soosie
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 17

Soosie - I think you should start collecting these stories for a book .. they're hilarious, once you get past the realization that were probably hurtful at the time!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 17
Another dating site story. After the one above, I decided that if I joined one for seniors those men would be nice. Wrong!! They were pigs. The dating site would not allow me to post anything negative about the site, so I left my photo and updated my profile to read......"Oh lucky me! I have met someone. As soon as I get the money to him we are going to get to know one another more better (that is out of this country talk). He will continue his career as a senior Chippendale and I will continue as a writer and swimsuit model until our ship comes in."

Soosei
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 17
This is not exactly a date story, but some years ago I thought the dating sites were legit and I joined one of them. A man in a neighboring state contacted me. I looked at his photo carefully and did not see a walker or a seeing eye dog, so I responded. He was a portly man. Remember this because it plays into this story. We exchanged messages enough that I felt comfortable to talk with him on the phone and give him my email address. After a short time he wrote to me and out of the blue asked for a photo of me in a two piece swim suit. A TWO PIECE swimsuit! Here I am with a growing waist line and swollen ankles. If I had a two piece swim suit it would probably have a hole in the knee. I wrote to him and declined to send the photo, BUT, I did tell this portly little ole man to feel free to send me one of him in a speedo. I never heard from him again. Wonder what happened?

Soosie
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 17
You did the right thing. I bet he would have taken those teeth out when he tried to kiss you.

Soosie
Kudos
Views