Your pain isn't like anyone else's, and science is homing in on better treatments. Read about the newest ways to break pain's grip.

Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Sex Life Suffering, Too Close All The Time

Message 1 of 6

Easily remedied. My suggestion: have fun with each other and make everything you do physical. If you cook together, stand close together when possible, touching somehow. Dab a little tasty ingredient on the lips, ear lobe, neck...you get the idea. Go outside at least once a day regardless of weather. Staying indoors a lot tends to cause depression, in turn sapping one's energy as well as libido. Walk outside holding hands; have snowball fights, make snow angels, explore the woods, deliver those cookies you made together to a neighbor, visit an elderly neighbor who lives alone, walk a neighbor's dog for them, walk your dog-maybe get one if you don't have one. While you're out, stop occasionally to hug and kiss. Dance together, sing together, enjoy each other as lovers as well as partners. It's also a good idea to stay socially active. If you can't physically be with your friends and family, go virtual. FaceTime, Skype, ooVoo are 3 top free online apps you can use to virtually hang out with friends and family. Have game nights online, dress up and have cocktails and gossip, have poker night, or whatever you and yours decide. It's all about being together and enjoying one another. Again; ALWAYS be physical, have fun, and stay socially active. Hopefully some of these ideas will help to reintroduce the intimacy you seem to be missing in your relationship. Wish you the best.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6

I don't have an answer to your problem but I will say that I just got out of a relationship that was, basically, just sex.  We had been seeing each other for 9 years.  It started out as a boyfriend/g-f type but he didn't want it that way.  Then it changed to friends with benefits.  Well, I wanted more so called it quits.  I think you are lucky to have a person that you enjoy being with, sex or not. 

Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6

"...Simple!!!  Move to a warmer climate so you can get out of the house during the winter!...".

C'mon guys!!! You don't tell someone to move to solve a marriage issue, when the couple likes where they are living. I envy them for living in a small, mountain community.

I would be advising them to see a pro. Can't hurt to see a good marriage counselor who might have some ideas. There may be more to the entire issue than too much togetherness. There are millions of married, all over the world, who live in small, possibly quite isolated, communities. This was the norm until not too far in our past.

"...Why is everyone a victim? Take personal responsibility for your life..."
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

The first thing experts would suggest is a visit to the doctor, so see if there's a physical reason for your lack of sexual interest.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

@dn23454559 wrote:

We a couple in our sixties, been maaried for thirty years, and now that we're retired, we live in a remote mountain community which we love, but due to the remoteness and the winter conditions,  we rarely can get out of the house.

Our biggest problem is that we are together in our house all winter.

We have no health problems, and are active, so that is not the problem.

Any ideas?

Simple!!!

Move to a warmer climate so you can get out of the house during the winter!

Then you could have "date day" every day and maybe the spark will rekindle due to the warmth of the weather.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Sex Life Suffering, Too Close All The Time

Message 6 of 6

We a couple in our sixties, been maaried for thirty years, and now that we're retired, we live in a remote mountain community which we love, but due to the remoteness and the winter conditions,  we rarely can get out of the house. When we do, it's usually once a month to go shopping. We also make that our "date" day and try and find a romantic place for lunch, but nothing comes of it.

Our biggest problem is that we are together in our house all winter. We get along fine and do things together, but our relationship is more like brother and sister rather than husband and wife. Because of that, our sex life is pretty much non-existant. If either of us wants sex, we go through the motions, and it is quite loving and passionate, but very seldom occurs.

We have no health problems, and are active, so that is not the problem.

Any ideas?

Tags (2)
Kudos
Views
Replies