AARP’s "Prepare to Care: A Resource Guide for Families" can help make the job more manageable. Here’s how to receive a free copy.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Question for Men

Message 1 of 10

Being a little overweight is no problem. Truthfully most men are vane but us real men like the women who are comfortable with themselves. As long as you are comfortable with yourself don't change for a man. I am 50 and have been married for 31 years and lost 50 pounds a year ago for medical reasons. My wife is a larger woman but that does not turn me off but for some reason when I lost the weight that turned her off. Sorry for going off on tangent but bottom line is don't change unless you are changing for you and the right man will will see you bring happy with yourself and that is really sexy to REAL men

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Respected Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 10
I don't know how great this will be for a responce, especially since I'm still in recovery mode from 30+ year marriage.

But, what I fell in love with was a my wifes lips and the way her cup id's bow crinkled. Weird right, animated personality and a dyed in the wool democrat and I was in love.

At that point in our lives she was maybe 50 pounds heavier and 5'3" to my 6'4". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder she is still beautiful to me but, then conflict arises.

As to what turns on a man, not all beauties are all that. Personality, humor,animation, likes dogs, country (1 hour moose filled roads to theater), long walks and hikes with breaks (vs forced march of 2 hours with full pack), snowshoeing, active in moderation, I've gained weight as well.

And there you have it from a 64 year old, woohoo another year older.

Frozen
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 10
i know. seems most guys still want teeny boppers. personally ive had many casual sex relationships with many older women and always found they greatly enjoyed it. most of them much older than me
Dean Schloesser
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 10

Excellent advice!  

Besides losing the weight,  make sure you get rid of any grey hair.   Bleach or permanent color. Go to the top salon in your town,  no DIY stuff from drugstore.    And  go to either the Lauder or Clinique counter at your dept store and get a free consult.  You may be surprised what a professional could do to help you achieve the right look with your daily makeup. 

Don't get discouraged.   Good luck to you.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 10

if you want a guy who isnt big fat and ugly you have to make yourself appealing to the ones you want. you say youre overweight. i find that weight is a big factor when it comes to men. just like you dont like fat, neither do they. so i suggest you try to lose the weight and see what happens. i guarantee youll begin to turn the heads of the guys you want. BUT...and this really sucks imo...because it has nothing to do with us, but it makes us feel like it does.....men seem to want younger women...like 15 years younger. i wish we'd make it as hard on them as they do on us as far as expectations. women are more accepting so we play right into their hands when we should be letting them have it and telling them to find someone their own age...im 49 and the scene is depressing. i look good for my age but there is the stigma of 'the number' ...50 years old. but whatever....work on getting in better shape....men notice a womans body first. even if they say they dont, bull**bleep**...they do. seems the older they get the more they want perfection or more like a toy to play with..... (personally i dont like men my age...i find them to be obnoxious, guilt mongers who act like babies instead of men...they pout when they dont get sex when they want it...and they want to put you through the moves..pictures and videos and all that crap...) i like a guy who is 5 years younger than me....thats my best match and i think one that works for a lot of women. not so young that he feels superior...old enough to know how it feels to hit the 40's....good luck.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 10

Sex is in the head. "if they repulse you do not force yourself to be romantic."

It is more important to be together in bed and make love with your partner. than to make love to your partner.

Vik

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 10

Hi, I think compatibility is a big plus, something in common. A woman that cares for the guy and shows it. same for the guy to woman too.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 10

Hello,Deb;

Your problem may be: You just haven't found the right man. I like a woman who is attractive and carries herself well...But I am not hung up on size. If she is decent; respectful, has a good personality and a sense of humor, I can deal with her.Her size doesn't matter....It's all about how she makes me feel when I am with her...I want to have a smile,not a frown, on my face and in my heart...You just have to find the right man for you. As they say:"One man's junk  may be another  man's treasure..." You just have to find the man who see you as a treasure to be cherish and not junk...Good luck.

Peregrin73

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Question for Men

Message 9 of 10

I have a question for men over 50 , i consider myself half way decent looks wise not a model or anything i am overweight but carry it well because of my height but I can't seem to find anyone that wants to date me except big, fat and uglies. They might be nice and all but if they repulse me how can i get romantic with them is how i look at it. I am not ugly i look younger than my age of 59.  What are you men looking for? perfect or young or what? I am so frustrated with this whole dating scene since i divorced in 2011. I know i am not perfect or young but for my age i do not look so bad and actually i think young not like a old lady would. Give me responses please i would love to know what is going on and why?????????????????????

Deb

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Question for Men

Message 9 of 10

I have a question for men over 50 , i consider myself half way decent looks wise not a model or anything i am overweight but carry it well because of my height but I can't seem to find anyone that wants to date me except big, fat and uglies. They might be nice and all but if they repulse me how can i get romantic with them is how i look at it. I am not ugly i look younger than my age of 59.  What are you men looking for? perfect or young or what? I am so frustrated with this whole dating scene since i divorced in 2011. I know i am not perfect or young but for my age i do not look so bad and actually i think young not like a old lady would. Give me responses please i would love to know what is going on and why?????????????????????

Deb

Kudos
Views
Replies