Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Need advice.

Message 1 of 4

Have you shared all of the details of your past with your boyfriend? If so, how long ago did you tell him and what was his response or reaction to it? I'm also curious...how long was it after you guys decided to get married that he was offered this incredible job opportunity? Another question I have is throughout your 10 year relationship was there always talk of marriage or did marriage just suddenly come up recently out of the blue? You say that your past is something you're not proud of, but because it has been such a very long time ago and it's so very obvious that you've changed your life how do you know for sure that it would really limit you from traveling with him. There may be a way for you to look into the situation. You may actually be worrying for absolutely no reason sweetie. Either way, you owe it to yourself to find out one way or the other. Finally put the past to rest where it belongs. The other very important situation I feel that you need to address is the questions you have about your boyfriend. Honey, you've been in a relationship with this man for 10 years and you're wondering how he feels or may feel about your past. If he has taken a job in another state to possibly avoid marrying you. I've been married for 25 years to love of my life. I can honestly say that I love him more today than I did 25 years ago. During those 25 years we have been to hell and back.....together. We have given life to several beautiful children and unfortunately we've had to put one of our beautiful children to rest with God....together.  My point is sweetie, what it all comes down to, in my opinion,   is what is your relationship based on. Day in and day out. You can't change him and he should want to change a single thing about you-EVER!! I wish you all the very best.~Shelley Parker❣

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

Has the boyfriend asked you to come with him?  If not, he may be looking for a way out of the relationship.  That you've been together for 10 years and he hasn't    made a commitment, would have a talk about his plans for your futures together. If he's not aware of your past, be honest and explain.  You owe it to him, and he owes you some explanations about this opportunity as well.  Good luck!

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

I may be going in a different direction, but I've got to ask .. Does your boyfriend know about your past & criminal record which might hinder you following him to the U.S., and trying to get a job? Is his job opportunity that good, that he would risk you either being unable to go with him, or being unable to get a job once here? If you've been together 10 years, and are just planning to get married now .. is it possible that knowing of your criminal record, this "job opportunity" is an excuse for him to either come to the U.S. without you (or just say he's going to the U.S. by himself) to escape from the relationship.

Maybe he's more honorable than that, but the timing is odd, after you've been in the relationship so long, and aren't married yet.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views
Replies

Need advice.

Message 4 of 4

Hey all! It's been 10 years of my relationship with my partner and now that we were finally planning to get married, my boyfriend got a job opportunity in US. I know moving along with him, would be the best thing to do, but since, I've had a rough past, I do have some criminal records. Now it's really not that easy to get through with such records, hence I've been thinking of consulting with a company I found online.You think they can help me out? Do you have any other suggestion or advice? Please do share your opinion on this. 

Kudos
Views
Replies
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for dating or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.