With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Just asking

Message 11 of 16
In Response to Re: Just asking:
How do you tell someone that is very interested in you that you want to  have the opportunity see others without hurting the relationship that you are forming? We are not exclusive yet but I think he wants to be. Some days I am very interested in this person and other days I want to keep my options open. I feel like I am  not being truly honest with him.
Posted by KathyLambert15

If the relationship is to him as it is to you,then you should be able to tell him that you want his friendship,as per dating and dinner and such,but not ready for the bed scene yet. If he is what you want him to be,he will understand and respect your wishes. If not,it is not meant to be. At least,not the way you want it.Going thru something similar right now. If you wish to talk further,I`ll be here.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 12 of 16
In Response to Re: Just asking:
Think of something you always wanted to learn or something you are interested in and join, volunteer or take a class.  As you explore something that intrigues you and makes you light up inside, you will reconnect with yourself and the world. You'll meet other people with shared interests and they will have other people to introduce you to. Pretty soon you will find that you are no longer hiding from the world. You will find yourself stepping into a new life with energy and enthusiasm and that in and of itself is very attractive. 
Posted by gnm282

It's almost easy to jump into the shallow waters of activity - for me a few of the things that interested me were starting genealogy (state and regional society meetings, Find-A-Grave picture-taker) and monthly library reading groups.  What I have come away with is this... the more I contribute to others (kind and uplifting conversations, invitation to a quick lunch), the more I find myself not necessarily looking for that special person but rather the opportunity to be myself in a more delicate and receptive way that attracts men and women.  I've come to believe that my daily life is being fulfilled in the random acts of saying hello or finding the moment to be of help at different places I go.  Making strides to leave the house without the sweatpants and putting on a smile will make you feel good and you'll attract a good vibration from others. 
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 13 of 16
How do you tell someone that is very interested in you that you want to  have the opportunity see others without hurting the relationship that you are forming? We are not exclusive yet but I think he wants to be. Some days I am very interested in this person and other days I want to keep my options open. I feel like I am  not being truly honest with him.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 14 of 16
In Response to Just asking:
anyone have  suggestions on  how to  'start again' after a really bad divorce and too many years hiding away from the world? 
Posted by txcoral

The suggestions given to me after the death of my hubby have been:  church, join a seniors group, or check out eHarmony or Match.com (the free sites seem to be people looking for weekend sleepovers, etc)  Wish I had a magic wand, I would wave it over both of us.  Good luck...and if you find any good suggestions...pass them on to me!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 15 of 16
Think of something you always wanted to learn or something you are interested in and join, volunteer or take a class.  As you explore something that intrigues you and makes you light up inside, you will reconnect with yourself and the world.

You'll meet other people with shared interests and they will have other people to introduce you to. Pretty soon you will find that you are no longer hiding from the world. You will find yourself stepping into a new life with energy and enthusiasm and that in and of itself is very attractive. 
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Just asking

Message 16 of 16
anyone have  suggestions on  how to  'start again' after a really bad divorce and too many years hiding away from the world? 
Kudos
Views
Replies