With an AARP membership, there’s always more to discover! Check out your member benefits.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: I'm getting so darn good at sifting through the bull

Message 1 of 12

@Soosie wrote:
Nyadm...............We are a little more trusting in this area, but it looks as if I will not be able to be. I find it so sad that some think drunk driving is OK.
Gee, Soosie.  That's quite an accusation there.  Who thinks "drunk driving" is OK?  Haven't seen anyone here suggest that.  Haven't seen anything in the news that suggests there are those who believe "drunk driving is OK."
I have learned that any single men of today are for the most part that way because no one wants them.
Many "single men of today" have learned the same about single woman.  It is sad. As one has said, "all the "good one's" are taken".

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 12
Nyadm...............We are a little more trusting in this area, but it looks as if I will not be able to be. I find it so sad that some think drunk driving is OK. Had I talked any further with that man I can bet my last dollar he would have become a leech. Men like this always have excuses, blame others and are just needy. I have said it would be nice to have someone to go to dinner once in awhile, but this is one of the ones who wants to bring a bottle to your home, sit his rusty rump on my sofa and when he is drunk enough will say something like, "why don't you go get comfortable." Just someone trying to take the easy road. I have learned that any single men of today are for the most part that way because no one wants them.

Soosie
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 12

@Soosie wrote:

I was in the grocery store parking lot when this man approached me.  He was careful with his spill and took his time leading up to trying to make his play.  He worked at being so nice and said all he is looking for is someone to go out to eat or to some activities where one does not like to go alone.

I too, would like to just have a friend without any attachment.

>> 

Soosie

Soosie

If someone approaches you in a parking lot here, they are usually asking for money or your purse..  and the person approaching risks getting run down or shot : )

Life's a Journey, not a Destination" Aerosmith
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 12

@Soosie wrote:

Given the fact buzzed driving is drunk driving, I'd bet many on this site could be cited for drunk driving after a dinner with friends.

------------------------------Well, Cent, I expected an outpouring of drunks to chime in and help you with your idea that so many are driving drunk these days. Where are they?????

LOL...of course you did.  You seem to have a LOT of unrealistic expectations of others.

Question......Have you ever had a friend killed by a drunk driver?

Yes, several.  Thanks for asking.

I think you owe an apology.

Of course you do.....OK. I apologize to the forum that one here has unrealistic expectations of others.

Now, have a nice day.  And remember, Matthew 7 1-3.

"FAKE 45 #illegitimate" read a sign at the Woman's March in Washington DC, January 21, 2017.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 12

@Soosie wrote:

Good, Cent, I will call him and give him your name. The two of you can get together, have a drink, get your photo in the local paper and visit the bathroom that you feel like you belong in that day.

Soosie

Thanks.  Please do.  I know several lovely ladies in the Myrtle Beach/Murrels Inlet area that may be interested.  In fact, we could use an alternate for our golf foursome.  Maybe he's got game.

And btw, everyone who is cited for impaired driving is not an alcoholic or drug addict.  In fact, many are never cited again and have never had a previous brush with the law.  I wish you well in your continual "sifting".

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 12

Given the fact buzzed driving is drunk driving, I'd bet many on this site could be cited for drunk driving after a dinner with friends.

------------------------------Well, Cent, I expected an outpouring of drunks to chime in and help you with your idea that so many are driving drunk these days. Where are they?????

Question......Have you ever had a friend killed by a drunk driver? Well, I have. She left a husband and two children, one of whom was hearing impaired. She was the one who was best able to communicate with that child. Can you imagine having to sign to tell a child her mother was dead.

I think you owe an apology.

Soosie

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 12

Actually, based solely on your "topic", he didn't do anything to you, other than to present himself as a nice and kind gentleman.

If anything, you did something to him by ignoring his calls and judging him for being cited for drunk driving. 1.5 million drivers are arrested each year for drunk driving, most aren't habitual. Given the fact buzzed driving is drunk driving, I'd bet many on this site could be cited for drunk driving after a dinner with friends.

Matthew 7:1-6

Good, Cent, I will call him and give him your name. The two of you can get together, have a drink, get your photo in the local paper (please remember to be courteous- AARPSneed)

Soosie

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 12

Actually, based solely on your "topic", he didn't do anything to you, other than to present himself as a nice and kind gentleman.

If anything, you did something to him by ignoring his calls and judging him for being cited for drunk driving.  1.5 million drivers are arrested each year for drunk driving, most aren't habitual.  Given the fact buzzed driving is drunk driving, I'd bet many on this site could be cited for drunk driving after a dinner with friends.

Matthew 7:1-6

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 12

@Soosie wrote:
NCtarheel. 
Besides, I have been a motorcycle rider. One learns a lot this way.

Soosie

I learned a lot on a motorcycle.

Had a summer job as a young man at a hotel in the mountains. One of my co-workers took me on a ride, at 70mph, around a lake, with a dirt/sandy/rocky road around it, no helmet, slipping and sliding the entire time.

He was having a ball; I was registering something in my memory banks.

NEVER TO RIDE A MOTORCYCLE AGAIN!!!!!!!

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 12
NCtarheel. It does not sound like such a bad trade off to me. I keep wondering why men try to pull this with me. I may look sweet, southern and nice, but I am not stupid. Besides, I have been a motorcycle rider. One learns a lot this way.

Soosie
Kudos
Views