Have questions about your Medicare options? AARP's Medicare Resource Center can help.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: How to start dating again at 50?

Message 1 of 4
Wow. After reading many replies about the how about we website it kind of crushed my hopes of trying it. It doesn't help if there aren't many people on the site. I don't see a reason why every website has to charge a lot of money for membership. I think as AARP members we should have free membership as a courtesy. I too do not know where to date or how to even go about starting it again. This is after a 30 year marriage and I have been widowed for 4 1/2 years.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 4

I recently became engaged and am now planning to set a date for our wedding.    I wanted to share our story with the community.   The 50+Dating Couples' Recipes for Love is a true story about dating over 50.       It tells a true story about being yourself in a time of crisis, touching hearts, finding recovery and adventure.    A true romantic story evolved and a lasting love.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-50-dating-couples-recipes-for-love-joanne-marie-de-angelis/11210...

The book has tips for dating which I created as I went along in the adventure along with philosophy and every chapter, a true story.    The book also illustrates places we visited, and has wonderful, easy to follow recipes which helped our relationship as we both are foodies, love culture and the outdoors.       It take two people who bring life to a relationship coming up with ideas.  As a women in her 60s, and living independently, I realized honesty and being oneself were key factors in mutual respect, and offering fun and adventure by learning new things, creating an easy, outdoor environment of picnics, walks in nature,  going on a different path from the usual "meet for coffee" type dating.   I hope you will read the book and tell your friends about it.        We are so happy after almost two years of sharing love and life together and are planning a Summer Garden Wedding in the coming months.   Give your best self and see what can happen!     Good Luck!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 4

It hard for me to start dating, cause I don't get out much to meet other people and the dating site are full of it.  The site like Ehormony -Match and other what you to pay to text other people.

I don't know which site to go one or where to go to meet good people.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

How to start dating again at 50?

Message 4 of 4

Kudos
Views