Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you ever used a dating service?

Message 1 of 27

Thanks for sharing your info and insight...not sure this is something l need to do but it's good to hear that this dating site worked for you. I wish you and your partner continued WONDERFUL blessings!!!

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Have you ever done online dating?

Message 2 of 27

@VoyagerVicki 

Thanks Vicki Well truthfully only @2Papa can verify but from all I've read from him he's a funny jokester meant in good way he has often made me crack up laughing 

As far as I understand he lives in Fla & has a woman in his life 

Enjoy your day all

Ginger  :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Community Manager
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 27

@gm5271 

Thanks for clarifying. When I read 2Papa's post, I figured it had to be a joke Smiley Happy

@l643201l 

No, AARP doesn't have a dating site. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 27

No. Does AARP have their own site of members involved with online dating?

Kudos
Views
Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 27
Please let us know when the Russian woman arrives. Until she does, I'd like to suggest that you not send her any more money, just to be cautious.
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 27

@oldbat1 

Hey there 

I'm guessing your fairly new here & not aware of 2Papa

@2Papa he's a jokester so his post is his idea of joking... not any truth to it.... he's famous for silly posts on article comments 

Thanks for your concern and looking out for fellow community folks

Enjoy your day

Ginger :  ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 27
I'm sad that you had the trifecta of horrors!
Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 27

You just reminded me that in 1967, our high school had a comuter date night, and my parents actually allowed me to go. Prior to the evening, we all filled out a questionaire and were matched to 3 possibles. I think we were each given a number and also given the numbers of the three possible matches. However they accomplished it, I didn't have any luck with my matches, and they were just as excited by meeting me. LOL...

Thank you for your post: I laugh now when I remember how awkward the whole thing was, and how I lied to my parents telling them what fun it was. I didn't want them to be disappointed in what a social butterfly I was not at the time. 

Sir Granny Tracy
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 27

Please let us know if your lady in Russia shows up. I would be most surprised if she did. It sounds like you may have just been scammed. My advice is to NEVER send money to someone you don't know personally or have never met. Even then it is not a good idea.  If travel arrangemenhts are necessary, make the arrangements yourself. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope, for your sake, you have found your true love, however, I have heard of this before and it turned out to be a scam every time.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 27

I am 75 years old. I used Match.com about 25 years ago and met a great guy who became my best male friend, and who is still my best male friend today. I went on AmericanSingles.com about 20 years ago and met my current husband. We have been together for almost 20 years now. I was very lucky both times. You have to be careful, of course, and use common sense when responding to profiles online. Some people can try and scam you out of money, or, in the case of one elderly gentleman who posted his profile, his hidden intent was to find a caregiver so he wouldn't have to go into a home. If you answer an ad, always agree to meet in a very public place and never give out your home address when you first meet, until you have come to trust the person. Also, nobody (well, almost nobody) posts their most current picture online, so don't be surprised if the person you meet in person looks much older than their picture. And, finally, do not judge a book by its cover. No one is perfect. 

Tags (1)
Kudos
Views