Views
Highlighted
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Does Age Really Matter?

Message 212 of 231
In Response to Re: Does Age Really Matter?:
I'm 64, but do you really think I want to date Aunt Bea? 
Posted by Writerpete

Are you male or female?
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 213 of 231
As with anything, there is no "pat" answer! It totally depends on the persons..not the number (age)! My late husband was almost 15 yrs older & we had a wonderful 42 yrs together..I now would like to find someone younger b/c, so far, every man close to my age acts soooooo old. Late husband never acted, thought, or dressed that way. Everyone is different!!!
Posted by salsa50

I agree men my age seem to want younger women, and yet they think and act so old! I wouldn't mind a younger man, but so far haven't found one who is really compatible.

Although I am not the skinny minny I used to be, but I still belly dance. Most people think I am younger than I am. I am also a geek and I find it hard to find someone my age who is geeky like me.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 214 of 231
I think it does matter in certain ways but it depends on the two people and what they want out of a relationship. Personally, I want to be with someone with a similar frame of reference. If I want to talk about something that happened in the world decades ago, it would be nice if my partner knows what I'm talking about. Also, it's difficult when you are at different stages of life with different corresponding challenges. For example, a 25 year old would rarely be able to relate to what a 45 year old is going through.

It does bother me when a 60 year old man won't look at a woman over 30 years old. Yes, there are physical changes that go along with aging for both men and women, but why the double standard?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 215 of 231
Age does NOT matter !   The love of my life is 29 years my senior and I am the love of his life !!!!! How you act and how you feel , as well as compatibility and passion for each other, is what counts !
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 216 of 231
Sexual stamina does matter.  How could you play if you are getting weaker?
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 217 of 231
It does not matter to me.  My boyfriend is 16 years younger and we have an awesome connection with great Karma and Sex.  We are both happy and that is all that matters.  We do get some folks that roll their eyes when they see us together but, I could care less.  If people think that I am after the sex and he is after my money screw them,  We know better.
Posted by GBooo

As long as you have the juice, go ahead.  Sexually satisfaction does matter and make you feel younger.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 218 of 231
I was married to a man 10 years older for 20yrs and now have been in a relationship for 5yrs with a man 9 years younger than I.  From my experience, it isn't the age, but the physical shape that matters.  I have not found that older men are thinking on a different level or that younger men only want to talk about surfing ie I didn't feel out of sync in music, or politics or other subjects.  Men marrying much younger women is practically a tradition and is fairly well accepted, but I think if that's OK, woman should be able to do the same without all the negative associations. I hate the 'cougar' label.... and feel all that age labeling just restricts people from making connections with new friends and relationships.   When you SEE someone, you react to their physical appearance and then make a connection on other points.  That's why I don't like the profiling with on-line sites, people have a set "age" in their head and many times it makes no difference, each person ages differently.   Part of our acceptance of age as it relates to relationships is simply what we are used to.  As things continue to evolve, I hope that we'll all have the ability to make friendships and lasting relationships according to interests and not with age-related bias no matter what our gender!
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 219 of 231
Old men don't like old ladies.Older Ladies don't want old men. Younger men don't like old ladies. Younger women like older men's money and wii trade for it.
Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Contributor
Kudos
Views

Message 220 of 231
yES IT DOES. ESPECIALLY WHEN THE AGE IS SIGNIFICANT AS 20 OR MORE YEARS....BEEN THERE.  AS THE YEARS PASS UNLESS VERY LUCKY YOUR PHYSICAL INTERESTS AND INTELLECTUAL INTERESTS ALSO  CHANGE...SO MANY TIMES WITH  THE MAN IT IS EGO AND NARCISSUSISM AND NOT CARING  ABOUT HIS PARTNERS LIFE....DONALD CHUMP AND OTHERS ARE FOOLS...DO THEY REALLY THINK  THEIRS WIVES WOULD HAVE MARRIED THEM IF THEY MADE $50,000 A YEAR AND HAD VERY FEW ASSETS??? PLUS LOOK AT PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN MARRIED 3 OR MORE TIMES....TERRIBLE WARNING ....OWEN
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for dating or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.