Get Your Fraud & Scam Questions Answered in the AARP Online Community! Find Out More!

Info Seeker

Re: Does Age Really Matter?

Message 221 of 225
In response to "Does Age Really Matter?":
What do you think about dating someone 20 or more years different than you? 68-year-old Michael Douglas and 43-year-old Catherine Zeta-Jones, have survived a long partnership through some rough times.  Recently, 65-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, married a 34-year-old theater producer Sally Humphreys his (third) bride in December 2012. Should you date your own age or find someone you are compatible with no matter what their age?
Posted by AARPTeri

Age doesn't matter, compatibility does. The problem for older single women like me is that men my age don't want us. They want younger. Believe me 65 is hard to start over!
Report Inappropriate Content
Info Seeker

Message 222 of 225
I believe that a large age difference does make a difference.  Not only because of a generation attitude on current affairs or moral beliefs but on a physical level.

Dating or having a relationship with someone within five years of your own age is I would say a much more level field.  I am a number of years younger than my own husband and their is a distinct difference in how we think and in other areas.
Info Seeker

Message 223 of 225
I don't think it matters. I married one 20 younger it worked. The thing is you are going to be looked at as either a dirty old man or a cougar.
Community Manager

Does Age Really Matter?

Message 224 of 225
What do you think about dating someone 20 or more years different than you?
68-year-old Michael Douglas and 43-year-old Catherine Zeta-Jones, have survived a long partnership through some rough times.  Recently, 65-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, married a 34-year-old theater producer Sally Humphreys his (third) bride in December 2012.

Should you date your own age or find someone you are compatible with no matter what their age?

AARPTeri
Highlighted
Community Manager

Does Age Really Matter?

Message 224 of 225
What do you think about dating someone 20 or more years different than you?
68-year-old Michael Douglas and 43-year-old Catherine Zeta-Jones, have survived a long partnership through some rough times.  Recently, 65-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, married a 34-year-old theater producer Sally Humphreys his (third) bride in December 2012.

Should you date your own age or find someone you are compatible with no matter what their age?

AARPTeri