Does Age Really Matter?

Contributor
Kudos
Views

Re: Does Age Really Matter?

Message 41 of 231

There should not be a rule. It is a personal opinion. If couple get along in every way, it is their option.

As for myself, I am 86 years young, (and I mean it). However, I would not date someone more than 10 years younger. There are too many differences in lifestyle. 

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Does Age Really Matter? yes

Message 42 of 231

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 231

@AARPTeri wrote:
What do you think about dating someone 20 or more years different than you?
68-year-old Michael Douglas and 43-year-old Catherine Zeta-Jones, have survived a long partnership through some rough times.  Recently, 65-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood, married a 34-year-old theater producer Sally Humphreys his (third) bride in December 2012.

Should you date your own age or find someone you are compatible with no matter what their age?

Yes age matters to me .  My husband was 10 years older than me.  I didn't know his age until we got

married.  I was young, beautiful and had plenty of energy.  He could keep up with me then. As the years went on and our children were almost grown he begin to get slower and slower. 

He worked, retired and died recently after a long illness.  

I would only date a man who is 5 years younger.  I have taken care of myself and would only date a man full of "life and energy". I do not want to date a man that I have to constantly remind him how I want to be treated.  I also do not want to date a man who thinks that he's with me for money or for a

free ride.  

I do not want to put lots of time into a relationship and it ends up as a joke.  I learned so much from

my first marriage. However, I will respect and care for another man, but I will not give my "all" this time. I just want to date for companionship only.  So, all of my needs have been met and I 

have everything that I want.  I do not want to date men of my own age.

Kudos
Views
Gold Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 231

Yes age matters to me .  My husband was 10 years older than me.  I didn't know his age until we got

married.  I was young, beautiful and had plenty of energy.  He could keep up with me then. As the years went on and our children were almost grown he begin to get slower and slower. 

He worked, retired and died recently after a long illness.  

I would only date a man who is 5 years younger.  I have taken care of myself and would only date a man full of "life and energy". I do not want to date a man that I have to constantly remind him how I want to be treated.  I also do not want to date a man who thinks that he's with me for money or for a

free ride.  

I do not want to put lots of time into a relationship and it ends up as a joke.  I learned so much from

my first marriage. However, I will respect and care for another man, but I will not give my "all" this time. I just want to date for companionship only.  So, all of my needs have been met and I 

have everything that I want.  I do not want to date men of my own age.

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 231

The magic word is compatible.  After that, it doesn't matter.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 231

Yep, life's a **bleep** and then you die!  Actually, growing old single and on your own terms isn't such a bad thing.  The way I see it now, marriage is greatly overrated.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 231

Yes, I'm not into being a nurse/caretaker either, and I find that is what a lot of men my age are looking for, though they would not admit that.  And their baggage can be rather overwhelming.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 231

As concise and true a statement as I have ever seen!

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 231

I believe that what a couple have in common is so much more important than their ages. I was married to a man 13 years older than myself for 26 years, we had all the fun and problems that most couples have. After he died, I dated a few men never met one that I enjoyed being with, no matter his age.  I am now looking for a life that is calmer, quiter and certainly less stressful.  

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 231
I am 12 years older than my wife. Age may not matter when you are in your 40s or even in your 50s but I had to retire at 58 on disability. Now I am pushing 77 and unable to do the most menial tasks. My wife is 65 and must keep working long hard hours so I can keep my insurance. Then she has me to take to Dr. And such. Think long and hard before you leap.
Kudos
Views
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Users
Announcements

When responding to other users’ posts for dating or for other communication, please do not post your personal information (email, address, phone number) in the forum.