On Memorial Day weekend, we remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice. AARP also offers resources and news for military veterans and families.

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Diabetes and erectile dysfunction

Message 1 of 6
Dg,

If I can believe my friend of 30 yrs see a dr, there is a way around that issue and it is covered under most medical plans.

It requires surgery and he called it the pump.

Having him talk about it is akin to listening to nails on a chalkboard.
He's retired engineer and it becomes similar to the 40 page dissertation dbl. spaced he gave complete with pictures for when he had stent on his clogged heart valves.

Ask a doctor and think cheeks for inflating, that should prevent AARP from filtering my statement. His out of pocket was $100 on his Medicare supplemental plan through ACA/ObAmacare, lots of luck if you live in GOP state.

Frozen
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 6
See a doctorSmiley Happy
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 6
Any one have any advice? I am only 50 I am a diabetic controlled, for the most part am I just done? I can still orgasm but I don't get hard at all ??
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 6

sometimes sex isnt what we need .what we need is closeness and someone to care and just be there for each other

Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 6

E.D. isn't only caused by Diabetes.  Many older men have it.  Some can use Viagara etc.  Some cannot.  So you do what you can do and, hopefully,  have some great memories.  If you're dating and things get serious, the truth never hurts. 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views
Replies

Diabetes and erectile dysfunction

Message 6 of 6
From a man that feels sex is more than just sex. It's a time to "bare the soul" to explore what each like and dislike, to provide not only sensual pleasure, but a pleasure of being close, hearing her heart beat, feeling the softness of her skin, all plusses, until the erection isn't there. I have found this very topic one that is so very difficult to talk about, maybe even to the point of wanting to ignore it, or stay single.
Is this just me, if not how does the subject get talked about and when to talk about it
Kudos
Views
Replies