You could save on auto insurance when you complete the AARP Smart Driver course! Get a free phone charging set with promo code AARP6.

Highlighted
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Dating

Message 1 of 7

It would be nice if it was just a friendly date not a let us annalize eachother date and get prepped up for eachother date.   It sucks even at 54!  Man Embarassed

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 7
I agree! If they spend our first date on their cellphone at all then they don't get a second date!
Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 7

One that I remember from several years back was a gentleman I agreed to meet from Match.com. He was going to eat out with friends and invited me along. I remember him getting out of the car and coming over sotto voce "You don't look like your picture" and getting back in his car and driving away. I wish I had thought to yell back " Well unfortunately you DO!". Little and balding, he should have been grateful, crazy people out there.

Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 7

Years ago, it used to be a "show stopper", if the guy you were with at a restaurant spent too much time looking at the other women there. Today, for me at least, it's a "show stopper" if a guy has to check his smart phone (or other communications device) for any form of messages, while we're out .. unless he's explained that there's a family emergency or he's on emergency duty for work!

If someone can't tear themselves away & be "unplugged" for the 4 or 5 hours of a date, I don't want to be out with them.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 7

That's the truth! Have you ever been behind one when you can't figure out why their vehicle is moving so slowly? Even though texting is against the law, there they are with their head buried in the smart phone. We will have a group of people who do not have any idea how to carry on a conversation.

Soosie

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 7

And for younger people than us, it takes them time to get out of their vehicles, because they can't pry themselves away from whatever they've been doing on their smart phones!

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views
Replies

Dating

Message 7 of 7

My son and I were discussing dating.  He doesn't enjoy dating any more and I find it impossible.  I gave him the following skit to illustrate senior dating. 

The man comes to my home.  I watch as it takes him forever to get out of his vehicle.  He seems to be fumbling for something.  My short lived hope for flowers is dashed when I see he is trying to reach his hat. I soon learn the hat hides and protects his comb over.   I meet him at the door and invite him to the living room.  Once there I ask if he would like something to drink, perhaps coffee or hot tea.  He says he will have a Malox and prune juice.  Darn, I am out of prune juice.  I try to make conversation, but it is not easy.  After awhile, here comes the famous question.  "Why don't you get into something comfortable?'  I am comfortable.  I have on pants with elastic in the waist, support hose, tennis shoes, and an oversized cotton shirt.  He does the "heh, heh, heh bit when I don't head out to get into something skimpy to boost his memory. 

Now, my son is depressed.  If dating is hard at his age, he has no hope in his future.

SoosieWoman LOL

Kudos
Views
Replies