Check out the 10th anniversary edition of ’99 Great Ways to Save,’ AARP’s annual guide to saving money.

Frequent Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dating when you are 70

Message 1 of 53
Sorry about your husband, but you sound like you're doing alright. Your post gave me a chuckle.
Sir Granny Tracy
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 53
Looking for group from the Midwest to rent an rv and go on rv group events around the country vs. spending time on these kind of sites that basically get people no where. Retired teacher 70
nn
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 53
Agree; I was on 1 Christian dating site and found on my day dates that men my age require improved social skills
nn
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 53

i am looking for women and men (we all know this event will be women), ages 70-78 or....who want to rent a new rv and travel the country as a chapter, one of the last.  I have thought of motorcycling and may look into this.  Most my age are not interested.  I am not interested in going to senior centers or playing cards. I lost all my dance clubs-all shut down int he twin cities; I have no one to go out with becasue people my age are afraid of going out beyond a theatre -ones I have itnteracted with

Looking for ideas for last chapters before dementia sets in

Retired teacher, 74

nn
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 53

We know how  to talk to many people during all of our daily activities (where to go-this message for all posting telling us where to go-WE KNWO ALL O F THIS)--, kindness, laughter, and , for me,i asked a man to show me how he is doing his screen writing gr. GREAT 3 SESSIONS WITH THIS-THEN, ALL DONE. This search for professional educating men has now put me on a hold.  They are basically all looking for women age 25-35 and we all know it.

I was on a private christian site, same, true-got off-all done with electronically looking for partners and or a great friendship.  i lost my finance, now, I will pray that i will be taken soon to be with him.

Its a whole different world out there

nn
Kudos
Views
Super Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 53

@BruceT48072 

My brother swears can pickup person in Food Lion Grocery store.  He's met & dated a few workers there. 

I do strike up conversations with folks in stores just my nature also working Retail most of my life just can chat with anyone Don't know strangers

I have a girlfriend who goes to Harbor Freight Stores checking out the eye candy as she calls it. 

Reckon anything is possible as long as we're open to it. 

Take care 

Ginger  : ) 

Smiley Happy Smile & the world Smiles with you Smiley Wink Pass one on....its free
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 53

Sorry if I am offending you. I do not know your exact basis for what you stereotype people.

Sex is not the issue.If you only see predators it is impossible for you to begin a relationship at the beginning. Everything will make you unnecessarily pessimistic. It is impossible to have a sexual relationship unless there is intimacy, trust, caring and communication.  Most people are warmed by touch, holding hands, a kiss or just being close.  Do not destroy the opportunity to deal with  sensitivity and basic kindness.  You have to be able to talk to men about them wanting to have sex with you and what it means. Of course, what it means to you.  

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 53

There are women waiting for you to talk to them. Most will be terrified and scared.  Practice humor and kindness. You can start at any grocery store.  Yes you will get rejected and strange looks. But you will get experience and learn there are women wanting a relationship.  You will have to initiate the first contact,  When they respond you will expect more.  But you will learn to walk away if the conversation is not reciprical. Keep talking and someday when you least expect it, you will be talking with someone and they will keep talking to you. How else can we ever find intimacy if the women who are the kindnest never have the opportunity to display what makes them special?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 53

I hope you aren't implying I passed on inaccurate information. It's 100% true that it's very diffiult in this town for women over 60 to find a great male friend. There are plenty men here that are very interested, but their goal is to see how fast they can worm their way into your pants. As a matter of fact, it's almost always something they try for as soon as you meet. A lot of them even actually ask how long it's been since you've had sex.

There is a huge difference between being a widow than being a divorcee. Losing someone through a divorce, which includes anger and resentment, is not the same as losing someone through death. Widows aren't happy to be rid of their husbands that way. There are exceptions, but my experience here has been that these men think you are so starved for sex that you will jump into their beds as soon as possible, and that you should be grateful. They just move on to the next woman hoping that it works on them. It's just a fact and is accurate.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 53

Janken,

I was kidding about being worried. I researched everything carefully and visited 4 times in the  past year. I bought very close to one of the squares and i'm confident in my decision. I will snowbird for the first few years and see what happens after.

I drives me crazy that people pass along inaccurate information without looking for a truthful source.

Kudos
Views