Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Dating when you are 70

Message 31 of 49

I should look into that as my kids are all I. So California and it could be a good area.  Do you live there?

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 32 of 49
Dear Jackie,
Have you tried Laguna Woods?
Please send me a private note if you would like to correspond.
Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

INTERESTING: Dating when you are 70

Message 33 of 49

Dear Janken,

So your husband was 21 and you were 37 when you married....AMAZING!  What can you tell us about your relationship?  How did you meet?  I am so sorry to hear of his passing;  What happened to him?  I hope you have been able to find peace and serenity as you move into a new phase of life.  Please know my thoughts are with you.

3356605ol4i3id2l2.gif

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

JANKEN - HOW R YOU? : So sweet of you to ask

Message 34 of 49

Dear Janken,

How are things going?  Where is your new home? Golf course living - nice.  Golfing is definitely a popular sport.    We have 33 in "The Villages". 

Please send me a private message or update the thread under "Home and Relationships".

Hope things are ok.  Thinking of you - please write back!

BEACHCHAIR.jpg 

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Kudos
Views

FAITHFUL : So sweet of you to ask

Message 35 of 49

Dear Janken,

I enjoy reading your posts re your dating experience(s).  Don't give up....finding real love isn't easy...some get lucky early and others struggle for years before they find someone they can trust and respect.  The world is full of people who are searching for someone to love. 

I am very familiar with Las Vegas and am wondering if you moved to a senior living community?   Please write to me anytime! 

BELIEVE.gif

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

So sweet of you to ask

Message 36 of 49

That was so thoughtful of you to ask. I actually dated a 57 yr old man who is divorced and gorgeous. He was intelligent and witty and very muscular and fit. However, as time progressed, I could see a negative, almost dark side coming out of hiding. On top of it, he has an 8yr old daughter. I had 4 kids in 5 yrs and am still reeling over the teenage years. I ended it, of course.

I've resigned myself to the idea that I need to stop looking. If someone is meant to come into my life, then it will be. I know my husband was one of a kind, and that to try to find someone even close to him is next to impossible. I don't even want to try.

So, instead, I'm buying a home on a golf course and moving in a few weeks. Maybe someone will cross my path there, but if not, I'll be ok.

How are you doing?

Kudos
Views
Kudos
Views

Message 37 of 49
Janken...how are you coping?
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 38 of 49
@is5987 wrote:

I have most of the traits /  qualities women say they are looking for. I don't know about other regions, but in South Florida if you say you don't drive = rejection / " deal breaker " . So forget intelligence, humor, decent body, affectionate, respect, kindness, likes dogs etc., women really only want a driver / ride. retep 

I think you have to look at that from both sides. If I met someone nice, but they didn't live near me, and didn't drive, instead of them even being able to meet me at a venue or halfway, I'd have to pick them up, go to wherever we were spending the afternoon/evening, then take them home again. I have an older woman friend who wouldn't drive at night, and going out with her added 90 minutes to my own driving time. I began to feel resentful about it.

Years ago, I met a guy thru a singles website, and he lived in Manhattan & had no car. He told me there was street parking around the corner from where we arranged to meet. Spoken by a true non-driver; there was "street parking" because it was reserved for police cars .. since it was in front of the police station! For a casual meet-over-coffee afternoon, it cost me about $8 in tolls & $25 to park at a garage when I realized there was NO street parking .. and all it cost him was the price of coffee. Once was enough for me!

I wouldn't mind taking turns driving, or meeting someone where we planned to spend time together, but I don't want to be a chauffeur either.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 39 of 49

I have most of the traits /  qualities women say they are looking for. I don't know about other regions, but in South Florida if you say you don't drive = rejection / " deal breaker " . So forget intelligence, humor, decent body, affectionate, respect, kindness, likes dogs etc., women really only want a driver / ride. retep

@jltraveler wrote:

I live in so California and it's tough to get a date.  How does one get started

retep
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 40 of 49
@rh9180763 wrote:

First, I'm not 70...only 62. 

Seconly, the sex has gone out of my 25 yr old marriage and I miss it so when I was looking for a car to help my son find a reasonable car to drive to work, I found the men who worked selling cars were actually very interesting to talk to because they didn't treat me like I was dumb.  Whoo0HOO (unlike my husband and my exhusband).

The upshot was I found a salesman who thought I was interesting and he's still my friend, after nearly a year... I don't think we're done yet, although I'm still fluctuating between wanting to revive sex with my husband (dead horse...sorry) but happy that 70 year old men find me exciting WHOO-HOOH!  Here'swhere I get to be honest and tell you I think it's exciting just to be acting like I'm dating when I'm not really; the salesman thought I was putting the make on him...hahaha...funny.  Told him I didn't know if I was or not but was he interested?  His big blue eyes just lit up!  We now have what you might call a friendship-with-benefits!  He's a better cook than me but we experiment a lot and I'm having fun.  I did buy his older car for my son, who isn't really happy with it but who turns down a "free" car? 

Are you sure you're being realistic about this "relationship" with the car salesman? Salesmen have a certain type of personality; they're "nice" because they're trying to convince you to buy something .. not necessarily because they want to have a relationship with every customer who walks in.

Is the salesman married too?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views