Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

DATING MINEFIELD

Message 41 of 49

Dear Janken,

You are in Las Vegas...not the best place to look for a husband. 

Picking men is like picking fruit...sometimes you get a lemon.

Don't be discouraged....there are plenty of good ones ripe for the picking!

HEARTS.gif

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Re: Dating when you are 70

Message 42 of 49

First, I'm not 70...only 62. 

Seconly, the sex has gone out of my 25 yr old marriage and I miss it so when I was looking for a car to help my son find a reasonable car to drive to work, I found the men who worked selling cars were actually very interesting to talk to because they didn't treat me like I was dumb.  Whoo0HOO (unlike my husband and my exhusband).

The upshot was I found a salesman who thought I was interesting and he's still my friend, after nearly a year... I don't think we're done yet, although I'm still fluctuating between wanting to revive sex with my husband (dead horse...sorry) but happy that 70 year old men find me exciting WHOO-HOOH!  Here'swhere I get to be honest and tell you I think it's exciting just to be acting like I'm dating when I'm not really; the salesman thought I was putting the make on him...hahaha...funny.  Told him I didn't know if I was or not but was he interested?  His big blue eyes just lit up!  We now have what you might call a friendship-with-benefits!  He's a better cook than me but we experiment a lot and I'm having fun.  I did buy his older car for my son, who isn't really happy with it but who turns down a "free" car?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 49
Thank you
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 44 of 49
there might be some great men but I think they are hiding. Good luck to you and sorry about your husband. It's a club none of us want to join
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 49

Jackie, Ive been wondering the same thing. My husband of 28 years died suddenly last year. He was 49 and I was 65. I'm still stunned and moved from California to Las Vegas. I joined Match and it was so creepy that I had to stop. Nothing but predators and men looking for naked pictures and sex on the first meeting. I have no idea how or where to meet someone and I feel invisible. I look  and feel younger than my age, am in excellent health and feel so discouraged. Aren't there any decent men out there?

Kudos
Views
Highlighted
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 49

And feel inspired by my grandfather, My grandmother passed when he was 74. He never remarried but had at least two serious lady friends into his late 80's. Small town so I imagine they were friends who became romantic interests.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 49

be careful which online dating site youn use and screen them very well.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 49

You can try an ole friend or an on line dating site.

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views
Replies

Dating when you are 70

Message 49 of 49

I live in so California and it's tough to get a date.  How does one get started

Kudos