From festivals to better food, amusement parks are adding features for older adults. Take a look at what's new!

Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Re: Dating when you are 70

Message 41 of 52
@is5987 wrote:

I have most of the traits /  qualities women say they are looking for. I don't know about other regions, but in South Florida if you say you don't drive = rejection / " deal breaker " . So forget intelligence, humor, decent body, affectionate, respect, kindness, likes dogs etc., women really only want a driver / ride. retep 

I think you have to look at that from both sides. If I met someone nice, but they didn't live near me, and didn't drive, instead of them even being able to meet me at a venue or halfway, I'd have to pick them up, go to wherever we were spending the afternoon/evening, then take them home again. I have an older woman friend who wouldn't drive at night, and going out with her added 90 minutes to my own driving time. I began to feel resentful about it.

Years ago, I met a guy thru a singles website, and he lived in Manhattan & had no car. He told me there was street parking around the corner from where we arranged to meet. Spoken by a true non-driver; there was "street parking" because it was reserved for police cars .. since it was in front of the police station! For a casual meet-over-coffee afternoon, it cost me about $8 in tolls & $25 to park at a garage when I realized there was NO street parking .. and all it cost him was the price of coffee. Once was enough for me!

I wouldn't mind taking turns driving, or meeting someone where we planned to spend time together, but I don't want to be a chauffeur either.

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 42 of 52

I have most of the traits /  qualities women say they are looking for. I don't know about other regions, but in South Florida if you say you don't drive = rejection / " deal breaker " . So forget intelligence, humor, decent body, affectionate, respect, kindness, likes dogs etc., women really only want a driver / ride. retep

@jltraveler wrote:

I live in so California and it's tough to get a date.  How does one get started

retep
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 43 of 52
@rh9180763 wrote:

First, I'm not 70...only 62. 

Seconly, the sex has gone out of my 25 yr old marriage and I miss it so when I was looking for a car to help my son find a reasonable car to drive to work, I found the men who worked selling cars were actually very interesting to talk to because they didn't treat me like I was dumb.  Whoo0HOO (unlike my husband and my exhusband).

The upshot was I found a salesman who thought I was interesting and he's still my friend, after nearly a year... I don't think we're done yet, although I'm still fluctuating between wanting to revive sex with my husband (dead horse...sorry) but happy that 70 year old men find me exciting WHOO-HOOH!  Here'swhere I get to be honest and tell you I think it's exciting just to be acting like I'm dating when I'm not really; the salesman thought I was putting the make on him...hahaha...funny.  Told him I didn't know if I was or not but was he interested?  His big blue eyes just lit up!  We now have what you might call a friendship-with-benefits!  He's a better cook than me but we experiment a lot and I'm having fun.  I did buy his older car for my son, who isn't really happy with it but who turns down a "free" car? 

Are you sure you're being realistic about this "relationship" with the car salesman? Salesmen have a certain type of personality; they're "nice" because they're trying to convince you to buy something .. not necessarily because they want to have a relationship with every customer who walks in.

Is the salesman married too?

Registered on Online Community since 2007!
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

DATING MINEFIELD

Message 44 of 52

Dear Janken,

You are in Las Vegas...not the best place to look for a husband. 

Picking men is like picking fruit...sometimes you get a lemon.

Don't be discouraged....there are plenty of good ones ripe for the picking!

HEARTS.gif

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 45 of 52

First, I'm not 70...only 62. 

Seconly, the sex has gone out of my 25 yr old marriage and I miss it so when I was looking for a car to help my son find a reasonable car to drive to work, I found the men who worked selling cars were actually very interesting to talk to because they didn't treat me like I was dumb.  Whoo0HOO (unlike my husband and my exhusband).

The upshot was I found a salesman who thought I was interesting and he's still my friend, after nearly a year... I don't think we're done yet, although I'm still fluctuating between wanting to revive sex with my husband (dead horse...sorry) but happy that 70 year old men find me exciting WHOO-HOOH!  Here'swhere I get to be honest and tell you I think it's exciting just to be acting like I'm dating when I'm not really; the salesman thought I was putting the make on him...hahaha...funny.  Told him I didn't know if I was or not but was he interested?  His big blue eyes just lit up!  We now have what you might call a friendship-with-benefits!  He's a better cook than me but we experiment a lot and I'm having fun.  I did buy his older car for my son, who isn't really happy with it but who turns down a "free" car?

Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 46 of 52
Thank you
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 47 of 52
there might be some great men but I think they are hiding. Good luck to you and sorry about your husband. It's a club none of us want to join
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 48 of 52

Jackie, Ive been wondering the same thing. My husband of 28 years died suddenly last year. He was 49 and I was 65. I'm still stunned and moved from California to Las Vegas. I joined Match and it was so creepy that I had to stop. Nothing but predators and men looking for naked pictures and sex on the first meeting. I have no idea how or where to meet someone and I feel invisible. I look  and feel younger than my age, am in excellent health and feel so discouraged. Aren't there any decent men out there?

Kudos
Views
Valued Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 49 of 52

And feel inspired by my grandfather, My grandmother passed when he was 74. He never remarried but had at least two serious lady friends into his late 80's. Small town so I imagine they were friends who became romantic interests.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 50 of 52

be careful which online dating site youn use and screen them very well.

Kudos
Views