The AARP Movies for Grownups Awards premieres tonight on many PBS stations. Watch at 9 p.m. ET.

Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: Any Knowledge of How to bring back wife's libido?

Message 1 of 19
In some cases some women are content to have lost their libido and have no wish or desire to have it restored. They do not want intimacy and just want to be left alone as is and will not seek any kind help. So if this is your case, you are up against a wall and just go on your merry way.
Mike
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 2 of 19

For sure rule out any medical conditions. For example Hormonal Imbalance, depression, issues with blood pressure, and hypothyroidism.  Blood pressure medications, anti-depressant medications certainly contribute to this condition. Low thyroid activity, especially in older women is very common.

Mike
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 3 of 19
For sure rule out any medical conditions. For example Hormonal Imbalance, depression, issues with blood pressure, and hypothyroidism. Blood pressure medications, anti-depressant medications certainly contribute to this condition. Low thyroid activity, especially in older women is very common.
Mike
Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 4 of 19
Take your wife to a naturalpathic doctor and also examine the things you eat, the hormones and ingredients used in the production of food. Your wife's blood type effects her overall health. The cells in her body slow down with aging and so does hormone levels. I suggest a gentle detox of her body. Cut out animal fats, corn, wheat, and any white refined food products for ten days. Do a juice fast of organic Kale, green apples and ginger with good quality mineral water. Your wife also needs her hormonal levels checked. She can also or you can gentle add nourishment to her cells by taking "Liquid Cellfood and Silica" both sold at the Vitamine Shoppes.
Our environmental toxins have a negative effect on our bodies as we age. Woo her all over again. Run a nice relaxing bath, prepare a healthy dinner and don't use shellfish, oysters, clams or shrimp. The world's major misconception is these foods are healthy, when in fact they carry huge amounts of mercury and dead cells from the waste material consumed when they feed upon death or diseased creatures that fall to the oceans floor.
I don't know your wife's blood type nor her daily eating or exercise habits. Give her a couple's massage, with soft music and candlelight. Kiss her on the neck, hold her hand, or just cuddle. Is she experiencing **bleep** dryness? There are many things that could weigh into what is at the root of all of this. I admire your patience and desire to remain faithful. Not too many spouses have your mindset, love nor faithfulness.
I pray my suggestions offer you some help.
Kudos
Views
Trusted Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 5 of 19

As I read this & some other threads on this subject it encourage the inquiring mind of man to ask this burning question.
Is there ever anything the woman/wife should do to stir his libido, or is it always her needs?

Saywhat_zps1318b021.gif

http://voiceyouropinion.proboards.com/
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 6 of 19

As a female in my 70's I would suggest that you first let your wife know how much you enjoy that part of your relationship; be specific, and tell her why you enjoy her and how much you miss that part of your relationship.  Then, surprise her, do little things for those are the things that mean the most to a woman.  There was a song many years ago by Kitty Kallen, "Little Things Mean a Lot"; look up the song on the internet and read the words - then remember those words and remember every day to surprise her in some way by doing something nice that she totally would not expect from you. It sounds as if the two of you are very much in love, so keep those embers burning.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 7 of 19
Bingo! See below...well stated, thank you seeker.
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 8 of 19
....how sad, the AARP message boards are not the place to discuss over 50 health (sex)? In my opinion, this is the prefect place; maturity, life experience, empathy, compassion & understanding could be present.

Dear Sir, regarding helping your wife: I've studied health & wellness all of my life. I've experienced thyroid (hormonal), adrenal, cortisol fluctuations, learning to balance life from the inside out, and have noted such less than healthy phases of female imbalances.

Obviously you're coming from a place of love. I see 'intimacy' on many levels; kittens playing, puppy breath, spring flowers, first winter snow, a child's giggle.

There are all of these places deep in our hearts that bring...ahhhh... feelings like goose bumps, that lump in our throat, that tiny tear to our eyes. Remember those feelings? It would healthily behoove us to remember these places & practice them.

Have you ever just watched your wife with a task at hand? Does she bite her lip, furrow her brow? Does she touch her forehead or temple when she's thinking, or rub her chin when perplexed? What are these intimate inner workings that make her special?

I'm twice married & divorced; two amazing adult sons with beautiful wives, and grand babies just sprouting & blooming every year! So blessed..... Smiley Happy

I'm am sexually healthy because (I believe) I've working hard at balancing thyroid, hormones, adrenals, etc., with diet, activities I enjoy & supplements. I've been... sufficiently contentedly single for 20 years now. I've still hope that the paths I choose will lead to more intimacy of a sexual nature, but & until, I'm contented with life.

The only time in my life I felt truly loved by an intimate partner was when a best friend became a lover for a short while. We were working together in landscaping (which we both enjoyed), I was raking some 20 ft from him, and suddenly felt like I was being watched (you know that feeling). I looked up toward him & he smiled, but our eyes connected & I FELT IT, like I've never felt it before. I've seen this in the eyes of my children & grandchildren before & since, but never experienced this with a partner, even within two marriages!

As healthy as I am, also grounded in self love & respect, I can't even imagine intimate sexual relations with anyone I'm not connecting with on an emotionally intimate level of trust & security.

In conclusion, if healthy (chemical balances, because although we all require these balances met, females require them more innately); males seem to more easily 'manufacture' sex hormones visually & imaginatively, females more through emotional response.

Love her first, from the deepest part of your heart & kindle or rekindle that tinder!

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 9 of 19
Here are a few thoughts to start. Women's testosterone levels are a fraction of the level in men. Their clitoris is internal to their body unlike the **bleep** which hangs outside the body so their equipment is not stimulated as easily.

Desire can be increased by sharing activities together and touching with no goal other than increasing physical closeness and intimacy. Holding hands, rubbing her shoulders and maybe her back and often talking about how much you appreciate her for who she is and not what she can do for you. Talk to her about her intelligence, her beauty (inside and out) and how much you cherish your relationship. Expect nothing. Do things for her whenever and however you can until these become habit.. Tell her that you expect nothing because she is perfect just the way she is. Converse about your triumphs and the difficulties you have faced together and reflect on the added strength these have contributed to your relationship. Do it everyday. Discuss her wants and needs; if she wants to increase her desire, ask her what type of fantasies she has used to sexually arouse herself when she masturbates. share those that you use if she is interested...see if you have any common ground. consider role play, props and buy a vibrator for her if she is open to the idea. then play with her but have no goal other than her pleasure. Tell her you will patiently wait to derive pleasure together because she is worth it. If you have no expectations for her behavior then there will be no reason to feel angry. Trust can be built if you are not judgmental of one another and can let go of your old stuff. This may help or not, but at least you can feel good that you are being supportive. you can also continue masturbating since no one is better at pleasuring the self than the self because you know what fantasies turn you on. Remember, the only thing you have control over is your own behavior..
Kudos
Views
Treasured Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 10 of 19
The way you put it, it makes it sound like ownership. I have never liked anyone trying to own me. On a personal basis, I will tell you that I belong to God. He made me and He loves me. I think a good relationship is one where God is first and everything else falls in place. I find it sad when men think that any problem in a sexual relationship is only with the woman and she is the one that needs the fix. I have never met a man yet who will accept any responsibility for his decline or lack of sexual knowledge. My opinion... there are few cold women, but more men who don't know what they are doing. I doubt that the AARP site is the best place to get information about a women's libido.

Hope your day is great as well,
Soosie
Kudos
Views