Is your 'stuff' stressing you out? TV personality Matt Paxton has tips for downsizing and decluttering in our free, two-part webinar! Register now.

Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 71 of 95

Were out here, maybe you are looking in the wrong places? 

Big world ya know, I agree with the dating site BS, just an overall smoke screen for someone to tell you who they want to be and in reality of who they are not.

I guess it all depends what a person is looking for. I see many woman in many places, but I don't see "the woman".  I suppose it gets harder to find someone when you are looking for the "one".

Did you ever here other people saying they can't find anyone? I watched people closely wherever I went for a few days.  All I saw was people looking at their Iphones or/and looking down at the ground when going into a shopping center, the gas stations,  the supermarket, etc. It was really strange to watch other people not even hardly make contact with other people. So it's a no wonder nobody can find anyone if they are looking in all the wrong places.

Best wishes to ya, and keep looking, there are still some out here made to your specifications, look everywhere and you will find the right one looking back.

Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 72 of 95

It is very hard to find a sincere person even on the more reputable sites. Very sad for the honest folks who are mature, stable, and real!!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 73 of 95

My experience with online dating has been a disaster. Fake profiles, scammers, and jerks trying to get their rocks off. It is sad that the majority of people on these sites aren't sincere. They don't make em like they used to!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 74 of 95

When I go to that site, nothing comes up. I have tried several dating sites with no luck. I think that older people are set in their ways and don't want to bend. It is even harder for me to meet someone because I am gay.

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 75 of 95

I agree.  I am no longer a driver, either and sometimes it drives me crazy.  I have to depend on others for transportation and how can I meet a nice gentleman when I can't get out of the house?

Gloria McLaughlin
Kudos
Views
Recognized Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 76 of 95
Dear Pete,
Don't wait around...you will find nice gals who don't mind driving
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 77 of 95

I have recently moved to South FL after many years in business in Brazil ( originaly NY ) have gone on 2 dating sites. Due to a mini stroke I don't drive but aside from slight balance issue all is fine. I cannot believe the premium women out there put on driving! I am intelligent, affectionate, have a good  sense of humor, financially secure and live 1 block from Las Olas Blvd. What do these women want / need? UBER exists. Peter

retep
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 78 of 95

Thank you for your input

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 79 of 95

hello - im a newbie on AARP . i enjoyed reading your comments . i so agree about dating sites . it does seem most are in a hurry . just thought id add -- the last man i spoke with asked - why im still single . i said  " i know all the games .!! ".   i bet you passed him somewhere .! nobody likes a smart Woman .  be wise be safe and -- yes im still seeking .   YvetteDawn

' I am -- me ' .. an uncommonWoman
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 80 of 95

the reall answer to something like this, is a fundamental change in the way these contracts are laid out. most important improvment would to keep all finances seperate. each pays for what thye use, ..that takes away the incentive, for conartists, or even just lazy users, from having a hold on the other...the system the way it is is broken, and marrage is just a way for one to control another...perhaps marriage should be done away with, then if people are not getting along, they can just split.

Kudos
Views