Can blue light from your phone cause vision problems? Find out and learn more about your vision in the AARP Eye Center.

Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Re: AARP DATING SITE

Message 61 of 95
Amen!!! I don't know where you are but it sounds like the same kind of men in my area too! So sad! I'm finding I'm so cautious and wary when it comes to meeting people online and in the 17mon since I've been single again (after a 21yr marriage), online dating is nothing more than a system where I am giving up quality for quantity. I'm not into "volume dating" and would much rather have a handful of really good dates than a boatload of really bad and/or mediorcre dates.
Report Inappropriate Content
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 62 of 95

I need a new circle of friends and they aren’t on any of the latest dating web sites. What I’ve found ‘out there’ are a bunch of guys who want your money, act like they want a relationship and then vanish - literally- when things get too real for them. (I’m not giving up my financial security to anyone) Those who don’t want your money are married or for some other reason ‘emotionally unavailable’.   

What I’ve found outside the dating websites is a bunch of men afraid of approaching women. Sure they see you in church or at the grocery but due to today’s political correctness will not approach a woman for the fear of being loudly rejected, called a creep or worse, or just not heard as being interested. I actually feel sad for single guys because the places of meeting someone are now reduced to a singles bar or some other unsavory location. Who has time for that?  Come on AARP - we all want love and validation - please set up a way to help us meet each other. 

Kudos
Views
Info Seeker +
Kudos
Views

Message 63 of 95
I am new to all of this, just joined AARP. One of the reasons I joined, other than the discounts, is because I thought they had a dating site. I have had my share of disappointments with the usual dating sites. Since this section is titled "AARP Dating Site" why not turn it into one?
Kudos
Views
Info Seeker
Kudos
Views

Message 64 of 95

I too wish that there was an AARP dating site.  Even though it is a large membership, I still feel insulated and more secure with AARP members than any other site.

Kudos
Views
Bronze Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 65 of 95

Uber!  I don't drive either since I sold my car two years ago.  When I did own a car, I was spending $400-$500 a month on transportation.  Now I spend around $200 a month.  I don't have to worry about car payments, insurance, repairs, gas, parking, etc.  It's so easy and convenient too!

Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 66 of 95
Agree!
~SL
Kudos
Views
Silver Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 67 of 95

I agree completely. It has impacted my ability to trust men. 

~SL
Kudos
Views
Conversationalist
Kudos
Views

Message 68 of 95

I love the idea of an AARP dating/friendship website.  It would be great to find the next "love of my life" but I would also like to see my circle of friends expand.    

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 69 of 95

Why doesn't AARP have their own dating site since all AARP members are 50 and above. It would be a great way to connect in a safe online place. What do you say AARP??? 

Kudos
Views
Social Butterfly
Kudos
Views

Message 70 of 95
I agree. Smiley Happy
Kudos
Views